• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 31, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7-8" east of Peoria, IL.....some seat time on the 782 early this AM!!!!

Well ken i have a question that i`am ready to ask. the lift handels with the locking button. how do i get them apart and is there replacement parts aviable to repair these, and are these all the same or different per model. lol
76574.jpg

76575.jpg

Don T., spray that down with lots of PB Blaster (or any GOOD penetrating spray) and let it set for a day or so, respray it a few times after it sets a while so that plenty of it works into the threads. Looks like you have one of them removed from the tractor so turn that one upside down and spray it in from the bottom side of the tube and let the penetrating oil run to the button. The button is screwed onto the rod that is inside the tube. Be careful as the top button has an indent for the float button to catch in. The top button is only about 1/4" diameter at this point so it could easily be broken there.

Here's what a broken top button looks like, I believe this is the top portion and the bottom would left in the tube after the top breaks off would be VERY hard to remove. In any case, note how thin that is where it broke off. The point I'm making here is do not get overly aggressive trying to unscrew it, let the penetrating oil do it's job first.

76584.jpg

Got about 6-8 inches of snow yesterday here in south central Kansas so got two hours of seat time clearing the drive and sidewalks last night. The 149 and blade did a great job.

Thanks Kraiq I have three that need repair and need a plastic top in one so i will put them upside down and soak them in a pen fluid and go easy on them Thanks Don T

Donald -
76592.gif

That was discussed last month , you better start paying attention b4 Charlie throws out another pop quiz.

Well Ken i bet most of the questions have been asked many times . Thanks for you concern lol but my Q did get an answer. later Don T
beerchug.gif

Ken you got Mail and if that don`t make you lol well you need a
beerchug.gif

8 inches in grant park illinois (bout 50 miles s. of chicago)at 4 am this morning
been plowing off and on with my 100 since there no school today
buttrock.gif
}}}
probably 12 inches now and still snowing
having to do township's job slowed me up alot

Don T - 49*F in NS? Wow. I used to live in Charlottetown back in the '70s and don't remember getting that warm in the winter...BTW, I thought the Model 100s stopped in 1965? or, did I read your post wrong? - Ed

User list is still locked out, "for moderators only" It would be nice to access it and learn who and where are closer neighbors are. It doesn't make sense to burn $1,000 in fuel to go get a $125 thrower half way across the country, making sense is a minor consideration in the cub world, right?

Buck,
The privacy and protection of our members out weighs anyone looking to see who's next door.
That being said, if you can assure me and the rest that no one will snatch the user list and use it to start spamming us, I'll be more than happy to open it up for public viewing.
thumbsup.gif

Anyone that has anything to sell in the classifieds has a User Profile just like we all do and it also has where they are located, (Or is supposed to). When i find ones that don't have their location or email address in their profile, i email and ask once to get that changed. If I get no reply, they go,
poof.gif

Charlie

I have Changed my profile to be correct. The Original 22814 Dec/1961 , 100 22196 Dec/1961 , 129 503204 april/1972 , 149 433325 April /1972 ! i hope i got this right now

Charlie did i do the date of my tractors right with the ser numbers? ??
coffee.gif

Don T.-

No. Your 129 is Feb 1974 and go re-check the serial number for your 100, It can't have that serial number. 100's were not built until 1963.

Hello All,
After some pokin around I have found that a real cool Cub Cadet trencher unit by Vermeer is actually a factory built unit. They were put on 147 and 149 models. Mine are both on 147s. I found one back in Nov. and figured it to be someones clever modification since no documentation was readily available about there really being a Vermeer Cub Cadet Trencher, only the Hawk-bilt and Inhofer-neeson Ground Saws were known about. After I found a second one a few weeks ago we did some diggin. I bought both of them with plans on restoring them back to new again. Digger, Andrew Z, Paul B helped me to find out some about these. A good friend of mine Don E. helped me in finding the Vermeer literature, and I have more being sent. Pictures of my two are attached. I am trying to find a ride for one of them from AZ to NC or Dallas area if anyone knows of a way please let me know. digger will have to post the literature I found, as I can't figure out how to get the size small enough!!! Enjoy! Eric T
76617.jpg

76618.jpg

76619.jpg

76620.jpg

76621.jpg

Matt i can`t see good and the wife has thicker glasses than me and she said its 77196 and that is feb 1964? i might have to strip all the paint off lol

I hope this ain't too far off topic,,could some one post :where , and when is plow day, How lomg?1day? 2days? any local campgrounds? Thanks I'm just "new"
dunno.gif
pcwhack.gif

Back