• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 30, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jeff B.your daughter is very artistic with the snow!!! Really cool
255177.gif
she created. I'm sure you'll let her know I said so, right? lol. I loved the fancy tail.

{angel}Cathleen

Angel, she says thank you and she likes your walking chicken

Melody, Do you ever regret your decision not to take over the farm ?

I too was asked by my parents if I wanted the farm. I told them no. At the time I was 20 yrs old, in the Army, and just counting the days to get out and not sure what I wanted to do. Before I got out they sold the farm. I've regretted that decision ever since.

Guess that's one of the reasons I like to attend Plow Days. Brings back the memories of driving the old JD model G into the night with a plow behind. Great memories.

Mike

I found this little gear box in a bucket of things my father in law gave me. He has no idea what it is for and neither do I. It has no markings of any kind, and it has a grease zirk on the backside. Any ideas?
255247.jpg

Sean-

You might want to post pics on other types of forums to find out what it was used for. I think someone will eventually recognize it and fill you in. If not, then use your imagination and apply it to something useful like a generator, etc. as long as it can take the power put to it.

Just a thought.

Jeff
thumbsup.gif

Great clip! Like everyone else, brings back many memories of growing up on Grandpa's farm. Now, this year for the first time, I get to farm part of his land. You wanna see the kid in a grown man, wait till Spring arrives. Proud doesn't even do it justice as to how I feel. Hope I live up to his expectations. I only wish it would have happened sooner in my life. I too have watched like others have mentioned, my father turn down his family farm and he kicked himself many times over. Certainly gives new meaning to hind sight is 20/20!
Farming, IMO, is one of the best careers out there, the feeling you get from growing crops or raising animals through sweat and hard work. You could have my desk job any day, I'll take the back breaking, long days of a farmer any day.

beerchug.gif

255250.jpg

Mike, beautiful photo! CUBgrats on getting to farm part of your Grandfather's land this spring. Be sure to bring a camera, we're going to want to see that smile...
happy.gif

Mike Hicks, When I was younger I wished I had taken it over, but now that I'm older I have enough trouble taking care of what I have. I probably would have had to sell it by now myself as that area has turned into suburbs. Thats why I moved further north, to get back into the country.

I'm getting old, took two tractors to move a dog house and pen. I would have moved the stuff by hand a few years ago.
257771.jpg

257772.jpg

257773.jpg

Only another 20 years to go and I can maybe think about retirement.
board-post.pl

Latest posts

Back