• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 29, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcurrier

displayname
Frank A. Currier(Northern Maine)
Nope, Dave, it went NORTH.
biggrin.gif

Kraig, that was one of my dads favorite sayings, You got to be smarter than the steel your working on. I miss him, not often and not much but I do miss him.

Hi all, I've got some hard decisions to make about getting a trailer. I need both a small and large trailer, a small one to pull around the yard for various things (but kinda want one larger than those little garden carts, ideally like a 5x7). Something I could haul the cubs on and then in turn they could haul the trailer.

I also want a larger trailer, something to make it worth while for me to go up to the families farms and haul back firewood, perhaps something I can haul a smaller farm tractor on (looking for something like a 8N ford or maybe a 300 international or something like that) or a car or my bronco.

What I have found right now for sale is inbetween that, a 6x12 dual axle. That would be good for firewood and small tractors I figure. My question is would my 129 or 1000 be able to pull that around the yard? My immediate need is to move a lot of tools and stuff into a barn I just built. My basement is full and have a bunch of stuff on pallets and such in the backyard under tarps. Table saws, workbenches, crates full of stuff, etc. My trucks are to high to load easily, I want a trailer with a ramp gate. Plus it would be really hard to maneuver my truck around the trees (low hanging branches would be in the way). Just dont think the cubs will be able to pull this heavy duty 6x12... what do you all think? If not what size should a stick with? Something like a 5x7 tops or what?

Dave,
No problem - I'll change my answer also, to this: If you use a tilt trailer, be sure to put the pin back in the tilt mechanism before you head down the road.
thumbsup_old.gif

tristian your 129 should handle it, not so sure about the 1000 I remember reading I believe dennis wrote that they used the cub hydros to pull large containers of scrape metat around the IH plant.

Well snow blade is back on and the old CCO still runs! Almost enough snow to play in, been a long time after soooo much.

tristian i found what he wrote
"Cubbies of that vintage were used by the maintenance dept's at IHC Farmall & the IH East Moline Combine plant. They ran those things at LEAST 8 hrs/day 5 & 6 days a week mowing, plowing snow, hauling trash wagons made from four sheets of rather heavy gauge steel 4 ft X 8 ft mounted on casters that were 8 ft long X 4 ft wide X 4 ft tall....and they could couple 2-3 of them together and they held a LOT of trash. I talked to the Maintenance Mgr. and the old gear drive CC's needed clutches and brakes frequently with this duty but the Hydro's just kept going like the Energizer Bunny. Hydro's are tough. Follow the maintenance suggested in the manual and they'll last another 30-40 years."

the previous qoute was from Dennis Frisk

Something like this:
184755.jpg

I'm not even sure if my hitch would be high enough to pull it. I really got my doubts.

tristian I doubt a stock hitch would work but it should not be too hard to make it work hopefully someone else will offer better advice, but as far as pulling that trailer weight wise I would go for it JMHO

Tristan; I made a weight box and put a receiver tube inside the weight box. the pin is inside makes your hitch 2ft high . You can still add weight to the box ,works well pulling my 7x12 inclosed trailer or boat . On level ground should work good . Put this on my 149.

Thanks for the advice guys, so sounds like you all are saying weight wise the cubs can pull even a car hauler... sounds good. I have the ball/pin combo hitch from Xtreme motorworks but have never used it yet... as I recall its a 7/8" hole and if I'm not mistaken the size ball I'll need will probably be larger, and I have to go out and see how far I can lift that hitch up I'm not really sure.

Tristan, I agree with everything thats been said about pulling a trailer with a cub. To ad an my 2 cents, you got to use some sense on how you load a full size trailer your pulling with a cub.

Let me add--- we DO mean ON FLAT GROUND!!!! Don't want anyone hurt when a trailer shoves you downhill.

Another item to add to the clevis/clevi discussion is make sure your track has some of type of support under the floor. Here is what happens when you don't.
184759.jpg

Closer view:
184760.jpg

The trailer manufacture or dealer were the ones who installed the track. Needless to say the dealer got an earfull when I talked to him. I will be adding 2 more tracks to the floor before I use it this year.

I hit a deer around midnight while pulling my trailer and Cubs home from a plow day. I was heading west when I hit the deer. When everything came to a stop I was facing east with the front trailer against drivers side rear fender. Insurrance company paid close to $10000 to fix my Suburban and trailer. The only damage to my Cubs was some paint missing from the grill of my 100.

this is how ive hauled all my cubs so far... except the 149... it got a ride in a pickup...
184763.jpg

my dad sells copiers so he has this big box truck... could probably fit 8 cubs in it at one time if need bee... usually the strap goes on the tire instead of squeezing the fender... this is my brother-in-law's 108 i found for him last year.

I was wondering if it is possible to attact a snowblower from an 1811 to a 1450? I was given one and it just needs a gear box. Couldn't pass that up.

Back