• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 26, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
James S:

If you use 14AWG Wire, you will be safe. That is what I use all the time.

thumbsup.gif

thnx ken for the gear puller /slide hammer idea ,will try that ,btw clutch is on the crank still.this web page is a great thing keep up the great work (moderators)
happy.gif
still freezin my butt off in canada

Got a Kubota in a spread frame. You gonna but it in forwards or backwards? Here's a box we use to put it in the right way.You can see a CAD image of it in the pulling section in the latest archive.
50658.jpg

Has anyone ever put a diesel in a wide frame before? Without having to alter it horribly?

X82's are spread frames, not wide frames, I am talkin about a 1X8/9, guess I should hace been more specific... (Although I would LOVE a 782D to mow with... (has to have dual hyros though...)
fun to dream aint it.

any one have a clue where I can find any spec./info on a Kohler K-141. I picked up a nice one today buy can't locate any info even in the Kohler manual.
Thanks for any help.
G.L.

I don't mean to start " the great oil debate" again but- what do you do when the temp goes from 50 two weeks ago to -15 this morning? I usually run 30 wt in summer and 5-20 in winter but that seems awful thin for the mild weather lately. I use the tractor (124) for plowing snow(what's that ?) and pushing-pulling things around the yard. What's worse-thick oil in cold or thin oil in heat? I'm running 30 wt still, only plowed 2 times so far- 2" and 4".

I'll have to look around in the archives since I haven't read much on the oil discussions before. That sounds like a pretty interesting subject.
I've been running synthetic in my 149 this winter and it starts great.

I run shellrotella 15-40 in all of my tractors and pickups for 4 years now and have had no probs with em. I learned this from a buddy of mines dad who's ran it in any and all his stuff for years.

'Spread Frame'
lol.gif

I had a guy on a different site tell me a 1250 wasn't a hydro, it was a 'HST'. I asked him what HST meant and he told me "HydroStatic Transmission" I Told him "That must be some new fangled term. Used to be on a Cub Cadet you either had a hydro, or you had a gear drive"

So I guess a 782D is a 'Spread Frame HST'
screwloose.gif

Ohio is famous for it's changes of weather. I quit guessing on oil viscosity last year, and have been running Mobil 1 10w-30. I haven't had any problems starting the tractors (1250, 1450, and 1712) in the winter months in an unheated shed....even after letting them set for 3 weeks or so.

Now why did ya' have to go and make the page way too wide Glen?

BTW, That link was dead when I tried to go there and see your proof.

Back