• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 26, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstouffer

displayname
James Stouffer
Hello everyone quick question what gauge wire is recommened for redoing most of wires on a 124 that had household wire on it when I received it. Jim thanks for any info

Gary L., to add to what Jerry wrote, if you do get an axle from a narrow frame be sure to get the narrow frame spindles too or the front of your Cub will be low. The wide frame axle has an arch to it and the wheels mount to the lower middle of the spindles. The narrow frame axle is flatter and the wheels mount to the bottom of the spindles.

Compare the way the spindles are on this narrow frame to the spindles on your 149.

50612.jpg

On post this time, WOOO HOOO FOR PLOW DAY!!! Next, I don't want to mistakenly violate the posting area rules further so where would I posta free Cub Cadet item? I won't mention until I'm told correctly.
Trying hard
Earl

Eddie Burton: Glad to see you used the 'Search' feature
thumbsup_old.gif

Also, I'm glad something I posted helped you out!

Earl: In the 'Topics' list, you will see 'IH Cub Cadet Classifieds'......That is the proper place
thumbsup.gif

Earl,
All ya gotta do if you have a question like that, is email [email protected]. That way we'll know quicker than if ya post it.

YES, your more than welcome to do a FREE thing. Just throw it in the For Sale section in the classifieds.
thumbsup_old.gif

Earl, the general rule for free items it to email the info to me first so I can get first dibs.
happy.gif

OK! Didn't know where that would fall.
Kraig, how fair is that?
bouncy.gif

Finally I'm getting the hang of it AND remebering. Now if my boss will let me off for plow day...
GOAL:
Get 72 ready to at least show, well, have there anyway.

This is a simple question, what is the drive train of a 1282. I just realized I hadn't heard of one but I'm not that long in the hobby knowledge-wise. Is it 12hp kohler-geardrive similar to other 82 series?

Earl- the 1282 is a red 82 series tractor with a 12hp kohler in it with a hydro rearend and manual lift.

Hello all, I am gonna get a new tie rud, and four new ball joints, so I don't loose steering when mowing or plowing (happened once, not fun...)
I also want to know how the front axle pivot pin is held in (I know where it is, but cant tell if there is a cotter pin, nut,etc, but I can't find it)

Here's an interesting idea,(I'm full of em') Put a lowboy, 154 style, front axle on a smaller cub. Are the dimensions the same so it would fit without modification? I see the narrow mods to look like farmall and would like to go other route for wide front, really wide front. Would make mod fro rears to match width, maybe a wider wheel with different backspacing. My mind is always going. One of these days I'll have to settle on the finished project design so I can START the project.

Wild Bill,
I use the search feature quite a bit, even when I'm not searching for anything in particular. Combination of words can sometimes lead directly to what I'm searching for or in this case I ENDEAVORED TO PERSEVERE! Almost gave up is why I posted the question. You and a lot more folks on here help with your experience and knowledge. For that I'm thankful.

To everyone who replied concerning my hard starting cub..thanks for the ideas..hadn't really considered the generator...will try troubleshooting it more as time allows and let you know the results.

Thanks!

Neal

Latest posts

Back