Archive through January 25, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theaton

displayname
Todd Heaton
Don T, here is a pic of the head gasket that came in a set I recieved yesterday.
76198.jpg

This is identical to the one I removed from my 12hp Kohler.

Kentucky, the statement you made about cheap tools, is 100% right.
thumbsup_old.gif

I have Snap-On and Matco at work, as they get a good workout(me being an auto mechanic). At home Crapsman gets the job done.

Just think if you had to go buy a new "throw away" tractor everytime it broke, soon you would wise up and gettcha an IH built cub!

I've always been one to buy the "good" tool when I needed them. Have mostly Snap On and some Mac. When I needed a hoist for my truck I couldn't justify what a "good" one cost so I got one from Cummins. It's a cheapie , only $100, but so far seems ok. It will lift a Cub to put in the truck, the truck don't like it though
happy.gif
I want to swap rams with a single stage and plumb it into my power steering so I don't have to pump so much.
76202.jpg

SNOW BLOWER HELP!

Hi everyone.
I picked up a QA-36 snow blower today, and have some questions which, try as I might, have not yet been able to answer for myself.

I have a cub cadet 122. I am pretty sure I can make this fit. Can anyone post some detailed pictures of how this thing bolts on? I have a mower assembly on right now. Also how does the QA 36A Adjust? from a wider to a narrower frame? And does it have a lifting mechanism? I guess I should try to find a manual - maybe you have one of those??

I would really appreciate some diagrams or detailed pictures.

Cheers,

Greg

Greg L.
First we gotta figure out exactly what you have. At first you mention you have a QA36, then you want to know how to adjust a QA36A. Which one ya got man?
thumbsup.gif

My toolbox looks as American as most - I've still got and use daily the S-K/Wayne 3/8 set that Dad bought me in '67, along with SnapOn, Craftsman, Smiths, Linde, DeWalt and Century. I just went "True Blue" with my new SyncroWave 200. But show me an affordable, American made winch like I used, a decent bench lathe, even a d..m computer keyboard (any keyboard for that matter) and I'll buy it. (and I don't mean <u>assembled</u> from foreign parts). I mean even in the same neighborhood $$$$wise.

Well spotted Charlie,

I do have the QA-36A.

and its serial is something like:3110001U?00

Sounds like you might know what I am looking at...

Well that is just fabulous, thanks a lot. It seems like I have a hitch bolt issue but if I get stuck I shall reappear on the forum. cheers again, and happy throwing!

wave.gif

Hey guys.Just a reminder that I asked for some cub help a few pages back concerning a 126.Will the peerless trans from an 1100 cub bolt up in the 126 along with the 90 degree gear box.Thanks for your time.K.W.

Hey Matt.Thanks for responding.The reason why is because last year I bought the 1100 and the 126 both with no engines.I built a puller out of the 1100 and used the 126 trans,(the 1100 did have a peerless)along with a xs1100 yamaha bike engine.Now I would like to use the 126.I also have a kohler 12 hp to install.Maybe I would be better off finding another cub tranny to use.Thanks-K.W.

Tom R.
This is the best thing I got for the shop; at least as far as working on Cubs goes. Sure makes it easier when you can reach everything. I had the clutch out of this 104 in 15 minutes!

76206.jpg

76207.jpg

Mike , do you have a way to lock your Cub down on that lift ? I see the brake isn't locked either. That would suck if it rolled off onto you or someone else.

Bren

Brendan,
The lift is still undergoing modification. Today I put a hinged ramp of diamond plate on the rear so I can drive (or push) onto it. Next it gets a piece of 3" angle at each end to act as wheel chocks. The angle will have studs that engage holes in the deck so I can accomodate different wheelbases. For the pic I just put the tractor in gear.

Well its gettin tore down and cleaned up.this is one dirty beast.i dont think its ever seen a grease gun ither!
76212.jpg

this is one of three things destroyed in the demo,er i mean tear down i broke the nutral saftey arm that connects to the hydro control arm if that makes sence!
76213.jpg

you can see the ear/tab that broke off the brake peddal shaft on one end and the second thing destroyed on the other end the hydro shift lever knob,gone.
76214.jpg

Michael A. Miller (Mmiller) love the hoist,its on my wisk list .i have thought Safety First and planned for a trailer hitch, peice of pipe, clamp( bolt with nut welded under lift. well thats my idea .02 DonT

for the life of me i cant think of the name of this fancy peice of rubber,whats you guys opinion,need a new one?i know a place in the colorful boxes that sells them!
76225.jpg

and for the last bit of destruction.it sure was prety before i got my hands on it.needless to say i didnt understand the steering wheel removal FAQ.
76226.jpg

the broken parts were really a bummer but i still enjoyed the tear down.this sure does give tear down a new mening huh!oh yes if anyone wants help on there tear down give me a call ;)!!!

Charlie - Dangit I had to drag myself out of bed to come out here to tell ya I was thinking of stainless steel head shims on my last post. CRR kicked in ... can't remember right
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back