• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 24, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brennan H.
Click the Parts Lookup Button above and enter in Cadet for the model, then Illustrated Parts Lists, then Transmission Driven Power Take-Off, it will show you all the parts.
113753.jpg

Brennan..Those PTO's spin at 515rpm counter clockwise. Unless you make your own implements or running a flat belt there pretty much useless.
This link should get you some more info. The main shaft, to make one, needs to be done with a lathe and a tig or mig welder.

edit....Holy crap, Charlies' back...glad to see you're not under 10' of snow up there.

Hey Guys, Found a International Cub similar to this one. Thinkin 'bout tradn some of my other cubs for it.
GOOD IDEA?
113756.jpg

Brendan B.
Not back up north yet, we had to run back down south and pick up a load of Cubs & 18 boxes of manuals before the snow starts again. The high today was -5.

Cory, will it do things that you need or is it just something that would be cool to have? If you have a big enough garden the cultivator would be very handy to have.

I turn on the laptop and find that thing, yeller & white yes. But before the conversations get going, lets head it for the IH Cub Cadet's larger relatives before the
poof.gif
finger gets itchy.
clappy.gif

It has the pot belly plows on it but i was going to restore it for parades and tractor club meetings. I can't find a price for it so i was going to call them to see if they would trade.

Matt w. hi from central Iowa, welcome aboard, and have fun with it!
greenthumb.gif
ihrotate.gif

Tristan Stewart (Tstewart) well i have welded the center wire to the side with a drop of weld because when they get loose the center will come out . i`am not aware of a support for the hood to hold it from resting on the front of the tractor.

the muffler is great, it makes a snappy sound when i get the blade full of snow and shove the go fast lever up. lol Cubs are great and i don`t want them to all look the same.

Frank C . (no) don`t paint my O mule drive purple ! I`am thinking (RED) lol
Later Don T
old.gif
clappy.gif

model 104 cub cadet 1968

i use it only 4-5 times a year when the snow is bad enough to warrant a snow blower. the battery has been dead for 5 years since i owned it. i have a portable jump box that i used to use to get it running. this last time i put the cables on like normal and it won't give the box the signal to power. if i reverse it i get the warning alarm that its not hooked up. the box still works. I can hook cables up to my other cub cadet and it i will turn over. any ideas?

theo

Matt W,
Welcome
wave.gif

Charlie "Digger" Proctor,Welcome!!!!
clappy.gif
.........Hows the move going?Hopefully well,id imagine its a bit more difficult in the winter!!

The 70 is oficially apart for cleaning,what a mess,stinking rats had walnuts cramed in every nook and crannie!Just awating february,tax time, to reassemble.
Does the water in the rear get in through the shifter?

theo,
Id say your batt. is shot,even though you dont use it much,why dont you go down to wally world to get a cheap replacement??.....If I understand your question,there is a definate possibility I dont!!,When you hook the jumpbox up it shows it isnt???Something is amiss inside the battery,all the lead is probably sitting in the bottom of the battery!!

Question for you guys if this is a good deal... I really want to get a setup for my cub for the garden, plow, discs, and/or tiller. After pricing things out any of these options seems likes its going to be a fortune and alot of the parts are hard to come by. For my current 129 I'd need the entire rear hitch setup and brinly adaptor, probably spring assist... I'm looking at a few hundred just for the hookups and then of course the cost of the plow, etc.

Well I just came across a deal within driving distance for a 126 with a good bit of what I need. He is asking $800 havent talked to him yet so dont know if he is firm. I know I cant afford that right now but if he is willing to let it go for 500-600 then maybe. Its a 126 3-speed with dual wheels, 3pt hitch, plow, 42" deck. Says in perfect shape, very strong tractor for mowing/plowing, etc. Can anyone tell me is this a great deal, just an ok deal, not so good, etc. I havent been into cubs long enough to know how often the super deals come along and if I should wait... I dont really need the plow setup right away and money is tight... but if that is a really god deal I dont want to pass it up either.

Is there anything in particular with the 126 that is good/bad? Anything specific I should ask about? Would it be a good choice for a workhorse for plowing?

Thanks Dean and Rich.I will pick up a set this week and go from there.I appreciate the help.K.W.

Tristan.From my point of view I would say your in the ballpark with 5-6 hundred.If its in prestine condition then maybe 700.00.The 126 is a good strong narrow frame tractor and can be just as much a workhorse as any other.The fact that it already come with a plow speaks for itself.And don't forget a day without a cub is like a day without sunshine.K.W.

TRISTAN S. - ALL gear drive CC's are about the same, same general pieces & parts used to build them, same with Hydro's. So there's really no "BAD THINGS" with any of them. Your 129 is a WF and 126 is a NF. Newer tractors get You more features and safety items, older tractors are simpler.
Don't know what to say about the price other than Cheaper is ALWAYS better if Your the Buyer, More Expensive is always better if Your the seller. Tough to price things sight unseen over the Internet because people's opinions of condition vary so much.

Theodore.Your battery in your 104 is consuming all of the energy because its internally shorted and your booster box does not have enough to overcome.When boosting with your other tractor it does have enough to run the starter.Take that old battery out of the circuit-its junk.I'm sure a good used battery will work fine.K.W.

Tristan: You might want to factor this info into your decision:
By Dale Merkle (Dmerkle) on Wednesday, January 21, 2009 - 04:43 pm:

Lowest production Cub Cadets:
800-2345 units produce
169-4005 units produce
126-5247 units produce
73-7678 units produce
86-8489 units produce
72-9881 units produce
(Thanks to Paul Bell, Myron Bounds and Ken Updike for putting infomation together)
bubbly.gif

Tristian,
Here's another thought. If you are not going to use the mower and the dual wheel set up, remove those and sell them off. This site would be a good spot to sell of those unwanted item, and you would offset the cost of the tarctor.

How do you get a 1250 Quiet Line to actually be quiet? Mine rattles so bad it could wake the dead. I have installed new motor mounts and have tighted everything I can but it still rattles like crazy. It seems to quiet some at full throttle and again at idle but everything eles she rattles pretty loudly. The worst seems to be the hood and the hinges.

I also would like to know if there is anyone in the nothern baltimore county area that might enjoy wrench on our stuff together. She runs great but she is in need of some TLC and I have been thinking of getting away from the Hydro line?

Latest posts

Back