• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 24, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
I'm thinkin it's just a tad chilly this morning.
76056.jpg

76057.jpg

Chris P...
Don't fret... most members have gotten 'roasted' here at least once.... consider yourself 'initiated' and part of the family now... welcome

Yeah , I'm always gettin roasted for posting stuff out of the manual.
rtfm.gif

Charlie:
And to think I live about 60 miles <u>North</u> of that sign....

We've been getting that same "stealth winter" that you were getting (1-2 inches of new snow every night) - we'll see how the 129 starts <u>this</u> morning (it's only about 1 below at our place now, didn't get anywheres near as cold as Spring Valley)..

Jim S., Don T., that knock could also be the PTO. Engage the PTO and see if the knock goes away. Often the PTO will produce a sound like a rod knock.

Pops, tell the family that it was yours before it was "dad's" and more then likely he would want you to buy it back rather then let it waste away...

Kraig: I was browsing the Kohler manual about these balance gears. Is it possible to check the timing without removing the engine?

Kraig; Don has the PTO off the tractor could this be the problem ?

The older I get the colder I get. I just am not ready to go ambient yet!
Don't worry Ken, you can't win with the manuals thing, I know.
rtfm2.gif

All; not sure if you realize this, but you can access lots of manuals and look up parts online for any Kohler engine at www.kohlerplus.com just hit the box to enter as a guest and you are in. It's all free and you can print or save anything you need. Not sure if this had been mentioned recently here. It is really helpful if you have your engine spec. number. Go to the "product catalog" section, at the upper R.H. corner you can type in your spec. and it'll take you directly there. Same parts lookup most of the dealers use! Enjoy and please leave your comments.}

Jim S., good question, I've never had to mess with the balance gears on any of my Cubs. Having the PTO off will not cause the knock, also with the PTO off it can't be the source of the knock.

Jim-
Ironically I just found that kohlerplus.com site myself yesterday. I always knew about it for manuals, but didn't know that you could look up Kohler parts online if you have the model and spec number of your engine.

Speaking of Kohler parts, does anybody here know of someone who can rebuild (rewind) Kohler stators that are NLA?

Ken... rotflmao...

after a drive last weekend, I found another benefit of snowfall.... It sure makes those cubs hiding in the countryside stand out from the road... Found a few that I plan to visit later on.... perhaps I can strike gold... ( and make the wife a little PO'd at the same time)....
err.gif

Jim D., we have the link to Kohler in the FAQ but not that link. I wish more companies had manuals and info available like that. Way to go Kohler!
thumbsup.gif

(BTW I spoke with your brother earlier this week, I'll be stopping to have a look at that chassis and I'll have my trailer with. THANK YOU.
bouncy.gif
)

Well ain't that some crap......that site won't work with Firefox
lol.gif

Yep looks like Kohler wants to make us get a green card to use their site ... I feel alienated. Netscape 4 ever !
76060.gif

Kraig: Tried that, it is kind of a sad scenerio, really I think the Mother would sell it to me.

You know we all have been thru that deal.

Anyway there is more Cubbies out there that need a good home. Eyes and ears are always open. LOL

Pops

Hey everyone. Not new to the forum- it's just been a while... Anyway, I bought a farm 2 months ago and have a nice sized shop that I need to reconfigure. Anyone have any opinions on a "must have" for the shop besides the usual things. Anyone have some good pics of theirs? The building is 40X85, bu I only want the shop to be 40X40 and put up a dividing wall.... Basically my dream area for working on and restoring Cubs...

WOW! A shop 40x40. Thats bigger than the house I live in! If you cant fit the shop of your dreams in there...spread out another 10 or 15 feet.
groupwave.gif

Back