• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 23, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've only worked with solid colors. The flake coats are a multipart process, usually with a metallic base coat, tint coat, and clear coat. Getting a perfect transition between the repaired area and the original is nigh on impossible, since you actually end up with a new layer of flake overlapping the old tint and clear coats. I think I have a handle on the concept at least.

That's it, I'm up WAY past bedtime!
yawn.gif

Silver Tounge Anthony Dazzle- Why don't ya quit while ya still have a little time to regain yourself cause ya don't know a thing about what you are talking about!!!!

Hugh - if he'd only think of where the weight transfer goes when pulling ... greenhorns ... plus he doesn't check his email !

Michael M:

Here is a portion of a Picture of a 147 from a Brochure. This indicates the correct seat.

Also attached, it what is available from the Parts Book.

50405.jpg

50406.jpg

You talk about duals........that aint nothing...

You could have a setup like this...This will give you the added traction.
50409.jpg

err.gif

Roland -

Or flotation, depending on what you're doing
wink.gif

I dare say that third tire isn't even touching the ground in that pic, but Mr. DeTurck's tractor looks impressive comin' at ya to be sure...

SILVER TONGUE ANTHONY - Sweet looking 1206. The fact that 1206 has 7.50 X 16 front tires doesn't really matter in a hard pull because the weight transfer pulls ALL the weight to the rear wheels. A 1206 in a hard pull has a tough time keeping the front wheels down on the ground. Typically they put a 1000# (ten 100# suitcase weights) on the front. Neat 4X4 also...
Problem with duals depending on how they're mounted is they increase the leverage and stress to break off the axle flange welded to the axle shaft itself. There's a LOT of over-hung force when the wheel gets that far away from the hub. Duals are typically run a few pounds of inflation pressure less than the main wheel/tire. Back in the 60's when duals became popular it wasn't uncommon for the cast centers that the rim clamped onto to crack straight across the "D" shaped hole that clamped the wheel to the axle. Especially when the larger over 100 HP tractors became common IH had to change wheel clamp design to a WEDGE-LOC design and really beef the hub clamp area up to prevent this.
And on Wm.'s CCO with Triples.....I would sure hate to try to plow a deadfurrow with that tractor....I'm afraid I'd need help picking up the pieces!
Speaking of CCO's....You suppose that old Guy mowing the tall weeds is running in THIRD GEAR? Looks like those rear tires are really spinning!
rofl.gif

I see the maid's been here.

I can't believe he was plowing with hub caps!
Bring turff tires to a plow day ...

Roland, ah, William DeTurck's 3 wheel landside plowing setup! Well it does add weight.
happy.gif

KENtucky, those only look like hub caps they are actually cast iron weights.

Kentuck,
Knowing the kind of ground they plow in out there.
Traction is not an issue and is not needed since no one plows much over 4" to 6" deep anyway, because of the shale, rocks and hill sides.

And yes the maid arrived and the warden is back in the house!
And if that doesn't work, Bryan will jump in and do my light work for me.

Would anyone happen to have the part number for the newer gear reduction style starter for a 782D?

Thanks...

KENtucky, here's a couple of closeup views of that wheel weight.

50411.jpg

50412.jpg

Matt K -

See the new button up there? The one that says Cub Cadet Parts Lookup? As they say, let your fingers do the walking...

With this button, I'd say there's not much point to asking for someone to post a part number anymore
wink.gif

Bryan,

Yeah the part catalog is great, I use it all the time. The problem is that the gear reduction type starter is not the one that they list to go with that tractor, they only list the orginal non-reduction type. See my problem?
wink.gif

Back