• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 22, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Allen-
You've hit the nail on the head. If we had chickens over here, the birds would die of old-age because the girls wouldn't let me butcher any, hence the "let Kraig grow them" approach.

Art, soooo, after I raise some chickens I should kill them and then drive by and fling dead chickens at your house?
dunno.gif
How about if I cut out the "I raise chickens" part and just egg your house.
angel.gif

I once had a cow named Fast Food. She was raised with our herd of horses and when the horses ran she kept right up with them thus the name, not so much to do with Burger King... However when she had a calf, not too long after sneaking across the fence into the pasture with my cousin's beef cattle..., we named it Small Fries. Both of them were shipped off when they reached their prime.
happy.gif

Kraig, "Fast Food" - that's a good one! We had a steer that was just plain mean. He ran me over twice, pinned me against the barn wall, stepped on me, etc. etc... So I named him Meat Pie! I made sure he got some extra corn feed just before his prime! I should of named him Tasty!

Art,
lol.gif
wolves would be overkill, you could just raise a few fox.
happy.gif
I'm thinking if I raise anything this year it'll just be a few ducks.

Mike, we've had horses like that. A neighboring farmer that I worked for had a huge Holstein bull that was the meanest nastiest thing. He would always sneak in with the milk cows to get a few bites of grain and was not too happy when we'd chase him out. One time he was farther off in barn yard when we brought the cows in and we shut the barn door before he could get in. He was so pissed off that he put his head through a window next to the door.
icon_eek.gif
One thing I must mention is how thankful I am for that farmer having a great cattle dog. It was a Blue Healer named Ginger. That was one smart dog. She saved my hide from that bull on more than one occasion.

Kraig M., I wish I had a dog like that! I spent a lot of extra time on fences cause of that animal, once he figured out how to break out, I was in trouble! Electric Barb Wire wouldn't stop him! He'd lean on it 'til it went to the ground. We ended up with Telephone Poles set by a local contractor & 1/2" cable wire and electrified that with the biggest load rating we could buy. I'll have to admit that I was happy when his time came up!

These where born on 4/15/12 and we still have to more mama goats due this week...

2boys 2 girls
LaMoncha dairy goats

yep cub time killers

238193.jpg

238194.jpg

Jeff, they sure are cute!
happy.gif

Here's something that's really killing my Cub time; having to create a list of items that were recently stolen from my family cabin.
angry.gif
The thieves took all our deer and bear mounts, antlers, paintings, storage batteries for the inverter system, building materials that we had for remodeling the old part of the cabin, cast iron griddles, a fire extinguisher, 2 pair of hip waders, a pair of PVC boots, a pair of antique snow shoes, books, DVDs, decorative wood ammo boxes, fishing rods, reels and a tackle box, tools, 2 antique bow saws, a gas string trimmer, a metal 20 gal garbage can, an antique wicker creel and a bunch of other stuff. They even took some cowboy hats and packages of paper towel and toilet paper.
rant.gif

Kraig - Sorry to hear about your loss. Sounds like at least half the stuff has as much personal/sentimental value as actual cash value. It's pretty disheartening to realize how little respect some of our fellow humans have for anyone other than themselves. Come to think of it, they can't have much self respect, either. It makes me think bad words on your behalf!

Been helping my grandparents replace some of their kitchen appliances, yesterday we did the stove, today we are working on the sink.

Old
board-post.pl

New Kohler cast iron (HEAVY) Hartland sink
board-post.pl

New stove
board-post.pl

Latest posts

Back