• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 20, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Michael R.
Did you say Cab?
75791.jpg

75792.jpg

75793.jpg

yes i did say cab
ive been wanting to get on making one for my 100
then i saw price of steel i think ill stick with outdoors for awhile

Cardboard boxes are free ;)

Digger - You better go to bed and get some rest , you'll be shipping boxes to Canada all next week
happy.gif

Cabs sure come in handy here in northern minnesota. Its been frigid cold here for the last few days - the high friday and saturday were -8 and down to -31 at night. Good thing it isnt snowing much up here cause I dont even want to take the cubs out of thier nice 65 degree shed! I built a cab for my 982 out of an older cozy cab. If I have to go out im starting a camp fire in it first!

ya i wanted to go camping this weekend now that i know how cold it is and was im glad they cancelled it

i now know the autolite 216 spark plug works for the cc 100's but anyone know a number for a bosch platnim or any better plugs?

Kentucky,
The air in my cub tires is from an Eaton compressor.
Seems to give a smoother ride
err.gif

Does anyone know how many hp are delivered by a rear pto on a cub cadet? Is there a formula that applies to this? I ask because I seem to remember seeing a tractor advertised once that claimed to deliver more hp at the rear pto than the engine was rated for.Could this be right?

hello 5 deg on the F scale,had to get up early to get in the cub shed this cool morning, will enjoy that infloor heat this morning.Jim has shipping mostly arranged for the 125 to ship to Frank C in portage Maine and i`am doing the same for my Snow blade. I will make the trip to Maine as soon as everything has made the trip there. will have to keep my eye open for another Cub for another interested friend as he understands what they are like.Later DonT
]
coffee.gif

If anyone wants to be a cub mercenary, just north of me they got 28+ inches in 12 hrs yesterday and still coming down... Could use the help... The Fulton NY DPW garage roof is no more... Lake effect snow...

Don T.: Early mornings are nice-unless it's -27*. Your 64* garage is 68* warmer than the CubHouse this morning. Have a great day!!
happy.gif

HENRI C. - HP = torque times RPM. There's a certain small amount of drag in the gear train of the rear PTO. and if I remember right it turns 515 RPM the wrong way compared to ASAE spec's. Only reason a PTO HP rating would be higher than claimed engine HP is if the engine was rated lower than actual HP.

I always love these spark plug debates about like the oil debates. Other than fouling an occasional plug in the tired old K181 in the 70 I've never had any problems with Champions. Dad sold a FARMALL Super M to a young neighbor many years ago. Kid did a "tune-up" on it and it wouldn't run or even try to start. He called Dad and He went over and started looking at it....Went into the dealer in town and bought four Champion D-15Y plugs to replace the new AC's and with no other changes the tractor started right up. One winter Dad's M wouldn't even pull the feed grinder....hard to start.... He pulled a set of four used Champions I'd saved from My Super H out of a coffee can that already had 200 operating hours on the and put them in repalcing four slightly used AC's. Tractor ran MUCH better afterwards.

I'll admit that Champions aren't as good as they were 20 yrs ago but I still use them with no problem. I think a lot of times they get blamed when it's actually today's crappy gas that's the problem. This new no-lead gas deteriorates Very quickly....to the point it almost won't burn at all.

Dennis - I've always had Champions or ACs. The one time I switched to something "new" was to put Accel plugs in my 400 SB that I built ... burnt the ends right off ... went back to ACs that time.

Henri - PTO HP is more than drawbar HP (at the wheels) is that what you were thinking of ?
A PTO can't "make" more HP.

Ryan, AGH, SML, hmmmm, you must mean this one? It's not a Craftsman, doesn't mean it isn't made by the same manufacturer though.

75800.jpg

I can't even imagine waking up and seeing a temp with a (-) in front of it. YIKES!!! It's 15 here this morning and that's extremely rare for us. No snow either thank goodness. I couldn't handle all of that snow. I'm ready for it to jump back up in the 60's. Supposed to be there this weekend. I need to paint some cub parts.

Latest posts

Back