• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 19, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The local CL have these up for sale.
My wife thinks I stink like exhaust after seat time. I can't imagine what it would be like in the heated cab.

319142.jpg

And Another good use of PVC

319143.jpg

That black snow cab looks evil, I'm not sure I would want in there.

Can anyone tell me the size of a NF spring assist spring? Need length, dia., & "wire" size. I've got several to choose from for my project & don't want to "reinvent the wheel" :) Thanks for the help!

David

Collecting the warm airflow from over the cylinder head and piping it into the cab is really clever. I'd be curious as to the effectiveness when using an un-insulated tube. LOL..

David Q.
Spring proper length is 8 1/2", Total length including the hook is 9 5/8" long.
1 1/2" wide.
1/4" thickness on the wire size.

Digger, except for the captured nut at one end, that's the same as the trip spring on the push blade. Thanks for your help.

David

Next question. My 122 parts tractor has a very nice grille housing, pedestal & hood. My 124 great running worker has major issues with those very same parts. You see where this is going.....right? They look like a perfect swap just waiting to happen. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

David

Digger, my old blade springs are 1/4" & on a spring assist that I'm building I don't think that small difference in length will matter. That new trip spring is definitely lighter gauge. Haven't seen anything that shinny in a long time lol. Thanks again for the help.

David

Well, we had a snow from hell last Wednesday...and I got 11+ inches. Friday I finally got Bull out to just see how it does in the snow. It was still probably 8 inches because the temps have stayed low. The cub did fine until I approached the blueberry bushes. I got stuck and that's where Bull has been ever since. The snow is about all gone now so getting traction shouldn't be a problem. I don't know how you guys up north put up with that stuff for weeks/months on end.

319154.jpg

Having 4 cats and 11 inches of snow makes for an interesting day or even several days. I was cleaning litter boxes left and right. It was like there was a fence around the front <font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font> when any of the guys would go outside. I ended up shoveling paths just so they could get around a little.

319155.jpg

This is a path to one of their "outhouses".

Charlie (and all)-

You have to keep in mind I live in central North Carolina. Our normal temps this time of the year are around 50* for the high and around freezing for our lows. We recently had a streak of over 20 days not getting above freezing. That was a couple of weeks before the snow came. It was cold all week and the snow came last Wednesday as I mentioned before. It got down into the teens several nights and finally broke starting on Friday. It's now full sunshine and 66* and suppose to be that way for the next few days.

All cub work has come to a halt around here. I got Bull out just to see what it would do and was surprised even with turfs and fat fronts. However the fat fronts are what almost put me going through the blueberries. They can make pretty good sleds.

The cats were the biggest issue I had to deal with. They were either sleeping or bouncing off the walls while running through the house.

I do have a K241 in my back room to go through. It was rebuilt a few years back and hasn't been tested yet. I just want to make sure the valves, head gasket, and a few other things are up for the test. It will go in my 109 this spring (and is the proper engine which should mean a clean, easy swap).

And Charlie, why the red dots in place of the word
describing the flat surface right outside my front door???

Wayne,
That's leftovers from years ago from the jerks that sell wiring harnesses in Illinois! A$$holes that they are!
Eric is OK, that scumbag wife of his is a real piece of work!

Latest posts

Back