Archive through January 19, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nbextermueller

displayname
Nic Bextermueller
Yeah... Pullers regularly put 50+ hp or more into a standard cub rear. The gears do fine. It bends shift forks and shatters the ring gear carrier long before the gears or case give up.

But there is obviously bullet proof fixes for both those issues.

Good morning, All. Although I haven't had much time to do much with it I put a nice 14 horse Kohler into a 108 with hope of making it a Plow Day tractor. everything fit nice and should be one nice tractor when finished.

Hey thanks Frank and Harry.. I expect I will be pulling the points cover off and give the new points a blast of parts cleaner spray..Might have gotten damp or something..Being brand new Kohler points, I'd wonder if they had already gotten dirty..Dunno. Gonnhave a look though...I have a new spark plug wire I'm going to put on, and a new plug..Maybe it flooded and gas fouled the plug when I tried to get it to fire up and keep choking it.. Beyond those things..I'm guessing. It has a NOS wiring harness from Cub Cadet. New ignition switch. New VR..Every wire that could be replaced, has been replaced with new wiring..all either genuine Kohler or Cub Cadet.. I wonder of perhaps a ground might be sort of sketchy..Scratching my head here... Thanks guys..

Regards
John

Leave the parts cleaner sit. Check for voltage at the coil. If you have it there then check at the points. Should only be present there when the points are open or not making contact. Either get an ignition file for the points of fold and pull a dollar bill thru them when they are closed. Will clean the oxidation off of the contact surface. I don't the spray will do that.

John E.

If cleaning the points and checking voltage at the coil and points does not help.

Replace the condenser with a known good one, off another running engine.

The condenser may have suffered an "infantile failure", rather rare but it can happen with any electrical part. The same can be said for the coil.

Jim

Another 126 question...
What does the seat pan bumper look like on a 126?
Part #IH-528907-R1.
Calls for one of them.
I'm thinking it's a square piece of rubber, the width of the pan and maybe 1.5" square??
Anyone have a picture by chance??

David S - I'm very interested to find out what the correct seat pan bumper IH-528907-R1 looks like. I had thought the 1x6/7 series used the same bumper as the later 1x8/9 and early Quiet Line bumpers, but I now see they use a different part number.

The plate that came on my 126 is different in that it is only bent 90* on the sides and don't turn under on the back like the QL's do.
There is no place to mount those kind of bumpers (2 of them in that case)

I think it's this
301697.jpg

Attachments

• 301697.jpg
    301697.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 136
  • 301697.jpg
    301697.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 150
David S - yes I'm aware the plate/tray on the 1x6/7 is like an upside down version without the additional 90degree rolled sides of the 1x8/9 or Quiet Lines. This leaves the rubber bumpers for the 1x6/7 series to be installed onto the fender panel and why the parts list shows them as part of the fender panel.

I think Doug A's pic is of the correct bumper for the 1x6/7 series. I believe it's a little larger than the version for the 1x8/9 and Quiet Lines, and has a hole in the center as well. I have some recollection of seeing that version before.

For what it's worth and to annoy the Correct Police, there is a better version that could be used on all these tractors with a similar seat plate or tray. It was 1st introduced by IH as a hood support rubber bumper during a mid-production change to the Quiet Line series. I see it is now shown as Part No. 735-3005 (but I need to check my CPE paper copy for any old part number). It is unfortunate that it's also NLA but there may be some out there or maybe it can be easily made.

It's a rubber block approx. 1/4" W x 1/4" H x 3" L (maybe 3 1/2"). It gets glued (Loctite) to the hood support bracket that is bolted to the pedestal. When it's used on the seat tray it gets glued to the underside edge of the seat tray where it contacts the fenders.

I don't know if IH made a change and used it on the seat tray but it shows as part of the seat tray for the 82 series. I suppose CCC could have made that change since it shows a type of CCC part number.

I know these rubber blocks work great as seat supports because when I bought my first 1450 in 1988 these bumpers came on the hood support and on the seat tray, and they never wore off, never worn down, never budged, and were still on my 1450 when I sold it in 2002 and moved out here to the Left Coast. (They had to have been glued on with the Loctite noted in the parts description).

I believe I have a couple of these rubber blocks and I'll see if I can get a few pics tonite after I'm home, unless someone else has a 782 or a CCC unit with these and they post pics of theirs. They sure work awhole lot better than the original little round rubber bumpers, that seem to go flat in about 2-3 years of use, or they stick to the fender and tear or break off.

Anyone out there got a method or machine to cut rubber? Can't leave rough edges. Needs to be really nice and smooth as you should be able to see in pics. It would sure be nice to make these available again. You would really only ever need to buy one set.

I can confirm what Doug shows.

301700.jpg

Attachments

• 301700.jpg
    301700.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 132
  • 301700.jpg
    301700.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 157
Matt G - nope, nothing in McM-Carr that you linked. It has to be solid rubber block and fairly hard rubber. They do have something in red but I'm not sure that would look real good.

Charlie - you found them!!!!!! That part number IH-135854-C2 doesn't come up on your CC Specialties search. Do you still have them. Those rubber blocks should be promoted as a replacement purchase you only ever have to buy once.
They last forever!!!!!
old.gif

Attachments

• old.gif
    old.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 129
Lew
Inventory sheet says 68.
Just got 100 in on Dec. 29th.

Harry,
Not yet, but I'm working on getting over 200 items back on the site.
Not enough hours in the day.
a_weep.gif

Attachments

• a_weep.gif
    a_weep.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 133

Latest posts

Back