• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 15, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hydro-

You may very well be able to replace the shaft seal from the outside but why not just take it all apart and check the "innerds"??? I would. You can access the spring, spool valve O-rings, pump gears, etc. I found a guy on a popular auction site that sells the seals (I think they hard to come by...not sure though) and you might want to go back with two. Also, be careful taking the reservoir rear gasket off. It should "unscrew" after the nut is removed.

Hydro-

I forgot about Pauls write-up on the hydraulic system. It is very good and should tell you everything you need to know.

One more thing I'll throw in here. The big reservoir gasket replacement from Mc-C is thicker than OEM and does work just fine as Paul states but I found it very easy to cut while in the groove (where it goes) with a razor knife. This allows the reservoir to mount closer and even within the groove for a fail safe fit.

Just an added .02 worth.

Ok, so we're finally getting enough snow here in Buffalo, N.Y. to attack with the 122 and the 42 inch snowthrower. My question is How can I find out if there are any cubbers or cubberett's from this forum nearby me?

Mike H.
We've got 13 members including yourself listed in Buffalo N.Y.

cballard, Chris Ballard
dadamchick, Dan Adamchick
dcarriganjr, David Carrigan Jr
ddarmstedter, David Darmstedter
fbecht, Frank Becht
golma, Greg Olma
jgilligan, jim gilligan
jritter, Joe Ritter
ppinto, Paul Pinto
ptutuska, peter tutuska
rboergers, Richard J. Boergers
wjmiller, wally miller

where's that search button
err.gif

Attachments

• err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 131
Here's a weird question for you all. And I would be surprised if anyone knows the answer.
Is part 17 on a 147, on the picture on top, interchangeable with part 15 on a 126, on the second picture below?
301650.jpg

301651.jpg

Attachments

• 301650.jpg
    301650.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 132
  • 301651.jpg
    301651.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 164
  • 301650.jpg
    301650.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 128
  • 301651.jpg
    301651.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 134
Terry I will go out on the limb as I don't know NFs very well.
But no, the shaft size is the same but the hole spacing/layout is different. It may work but not right.

Now for a NF expert to set me straight

Allen,

Those parts are nla so no part numbers are listed,now if someone has an old nf parts book it will help.

Latest posts

Back