• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 15, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
OK, Gonna use HyTran in the 126's GD.
Have the creeper ready to install and will be using Charlies recipe for the 70/30 mix HyTran & OE90

Anyone know off hand the capacity of the creeeper so I can calculate the amount needed of each?

Thanks Kraig!
I printed that off for my files.
So, 70% HyTran (5.6 oz)
and 30% OE90 (2.4 oz)

Or is the other way around?
Oh, and should these be left natural color or be painted yellow?

Does anyone know if a cub cadet 102 starter generator run lights and a linear actuator and still charge battery enough

Brady, I answered your first question already but it is in the archived page "Archive through January 14, 2016" that is linked above. As to the headlight bracket/panel for a 102, that item is only available on the used market so an add in the Wanted section of the Classified is your best bet. And for future reference, wanted adds in the other forum areas usually get
poof.gif

Attachments

• poof.gif
    poof.gif
    9.1 KB · Views: 136
  • poof.gif
    poof.gif
    9.1 KB · Views: 139
David S.-

If you don't want it to get rusty, you should paint it
wink.gif

Attachments

• wink.gif
    wink.gif
    880 bytes · Views: 138
Doug, thanks for pointing that out. I need to look at what Charlie has more often.
blush.gif

Brady, Charlie at CC Specialties has reproduction light panels for your 102. Note the colored boxes at the top of the forum page.

Attachments

• blush.gif
    blush.gif
    270 bytes · Views: 135
Matt, I have some cast iron gray in a spray can.
I think I will give it a bath with that before I install it.

Project is moving along nicely. I'm only a few spray cans away from beginning re-assembly now.

Really appreciate the tips and advise you fella's give.

I do a pretty good job of masking off tires when painting rims. QUESTION: What's the BEST product for getting tires that squeaky shiney when the painting is done? Tires are 4/yrs old. Locomotiveman Tom

301616.jpg

Attachments

• 301616.jpg
    301616.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 151
  • 301616.jpg
    301616.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 151
Tom I use this. It also works good for mounting tires
301622.jpg

Attachments

• 301622.jpg
    301622.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 150
  • 301622.jpg
    301622.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 135
Tom, Mount 'em up and take the tractor out and drive around in the snow, the crunchier stuff the better. Best way to clean 'em up, then shoot 'em w/the tire shine stuff.

When I paint them, I deflate 'em, break the bead and cut a hole in an old tee shirt and stretch it around the tire. it will "un-stretch" around the rimand save a lot of masking time.

The tires on my snow rigs look almost brand new, except for the scrapes and wear points, after the snow work they have done so far this winter.
I'm tempted to swap 'em out w/some others I have just to get them cleaned up as well!!

Question on Narrow Frame Hydraulic Lift Pump -
I picked up an old running 102 with a hydraulic lift. The lift seemed to work good, cylinder went back and forth good raising and lowering a mowing deck. I removed the lift from the tractor and removed the pulley. It looks like the main shaft might be leaking.

I can't tell looking at it and wondered if I have to completely disassemble the pump to install a new main shaft seal or can I do it from the front?

If I have to disassemble the pump how hard is it to get at the main shaft and remove it?

Harry and Doug, Lets keep everyone informed on this issue. I will be looking at the same w/my NF hyd unit soon.

Looks like the worst part will be removing the pulley as mune is badly rusted and will probably require some heat to remove the screws and pulley from the shaft.

Also, does the actuating lever just unscrew from the rotating valve spool? I cannot see any threads, it must be screwed into the hilt?

Doug - got the info. Thanks very much.

David - the allen screw in my pulley came out fairly easily. Then with help from my machinist friend and his hardened steel wedges, my pulley came off too. If your shaft is all rusty I'd definitely buff it up good to remove the rust so it doesn't bind when removing the pulley.

Harry, those pumps are really easy to work on. Here's all I know about them. Hope it helps.

Latest posts

Back