• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 13, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Dean, I'll post a bunch of photos in several posts. Here's photos that Scott sent me that were taken after the Plow Day that he had it at, he had made more modifications to it:

184050.jpg

184051.jpg

184052.jpg

184053.jpg

184054.jpg

184055.jpg

184056.jpg

184057.jpg

184058.jpg

184059.jpg

184060.jpg

Here's the photos I took of Scott's Cub at Plow Day 6 in Iowa.

184063.jpg

184064.jpg

184065.jpg

184066.jpg

184067.jpg

184068.jpg

184069.jpg

184070.jpg

184071.jpg

184072.jpg

184073.jpg

184074.jpg

184075.jpg

Here's some photos that John Lang took at Plow Day 6:

184077.jpg

184078.jpg

184079.jpg

These next photos were taken by Bob Bolhuis at Plow Day 6:

184080.jpg

184081.jpg

184082.jpg

184083.jpg

184084.jpg

Kraig
Thanks for the pics. There is a lot to take in there. I think I'm going back to the drawing board.
Dean

Dave
I have a plan started using shifting linkage based on many of the larger International tractors I have worked on. I will be posting some pics if I get the system together. It should be within a few days I hope.
Thanks, Dean

Dean, one thing I like about Scott's design is that the rear transmission does not require shifting as it's just being used as a differential.

I think Scott accomplished the ultimate 4X4.... one gear-drive transmisison...drives the
rear-ends pinion to pinion.
That is what I couldn't figure out..it is great..
I would love to see how he attached to/ lengthened the pinion shafts.

Darryl

Kraig
I was just begining to look at why Steve ran a different shaft to the back. It's starting to make sense. Thanks for the extra info

Kraig-
Do you know what brand AGs Scott has on that articulated? They're kind of neat looking....

Got the blade mounted on the loader tonight. Couple of shots for you. Took the original mounting system off the blade so that i can mount it back on a regular cub cadet. Mounted this on one of my quick attach plates so I can change it out with the other attachments.

184147.jpg

184148.jpg

184149.jpg

184150.jpg

Aaron, very cool setup! Your loader blade reminds me of THIS

Art, FWIW, the tire says "Duro" on the sidewall.

184153.jpg

Scott did it a different way than I would have if I had decided to use gear drives on my articulated, but it seems to have worked out for him. The thing that would bother me with that setup is the driveshaft hanging down so low. Easy to take out if you need to repair, but easy to take out with a rock or something too. Another thing to keep in mind with doing it that way is you are going to have a good knowledge of working with gears and getting the right backlash and pattern on them having pinions on both sides of the ring gear. Or perhaps since this turning such at such a slow speed it isn't as big of an issue? I don't know, I'm used to working on cars..

Dan, better take a closer look. Scott doesn't have pinions on both sides of the ring gear. Looks like the front transaxle is reversed. Power goes in from the clutch to the front (former rear) top of the reduction housing. Apparently the pinion shafts of both transaxles have been extended through the reduction housings and that's what the driveshaft is connected to. Looks like a pretty good setup to me. Jerry

Aaron,
Any worries about bending your loader arms if you hit something solid (ice chunk, rock frozen to the driveway, etc.) with that blade?

Ross,

So far so good and ive push and rammed and pushed and rammed and almost went over the steering wheel a couple of times. Loader looks good so far. I want to see how much it can take so when i build a new one i know how heavy to build it.

Latest posts

Back