• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 06, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the interest of keeping a few friends, I'll refrain from complaining that we're looking at a cold spell for the next few days...
266372.jpg

My Wife was reading some handy almost free houshold tips off the internet a couple days ago.

If you have some room temp. beverages you want to chill quickly, wrap them in a wet paper towel and pop them in the freezer for 15 minutes.

OR... stick them in a snow drift here in WI at minus 13 degrees for FIVE minutes.

Up Charlie's way, 2-3 minutes would be plenty!

Yesterday up in Green Bay at the play-off game they had heaters on the beer tappers to keep them from freezing and it was only 5 or 6 above.

Yeah, it's cold.... BUT It's a DRY COLD!

Gerry, I visited Pencicola Florida once when it was about 60 degrees and people were wearing parkas while we still were in shorts and tshirts.

It's 31 degrees in ZHills right now (about halfway down the Florida peninsula, just Northeast of Tampa). I just reviewed the cold weather clothes I brought with me - into the "layered look" now. Warmer tonight and in the 80's by the weekend...

GERRY - The nice thing about winter in the southern states is cold spells don't last long. Up north they last forever as Charlie says.

January of '75, as a Junior in college, I was lucky enough to be part of an independent study group for people in my major. As part of the group, the advisor rented a 6-passenger camper on a Dodge van chassis for him, the 5 guys and three girls to "Visit" other areas. Like New Orleans, mainly Bourbon Street, Houston Space center, Gateway Arch in St. Louis, etc.

One of the people in the group made arrangements for us to spend a night with his aunt & uncle in north-eastern Mississippi. Was cold and snowy that night. From driving so late with all the lights and heaters on the battery was dead the next morning. Your's truly had the honor of using cheap borrowed frozen tools to tighten the fan belt while laying in six inches of snow in FOUR degree temps. I had my BIG cantilever tool box with all my good tools stowed for the trip when I was assured we wouldn't need it and to take it out. There was even a pair of gloves in it which would have kept my hands warm.

But that night, sitting on Bourbon Street in t-shirts & shorts sipping Margarita's I forgot all about it.

dang it, its so cold one of my goats died from the cold even though it was in a closed up barn

Jeff, sad to hear that.
sad.gif
Was it other wise healthy?

Yes he was ok health wise, but he was a old man goat, And I am told once they get a chill it tough for them to recover. my others goats are ok.

Jeff, thanks for the update. I've been worried about the couple of horses we still have as one of them is over 20 years old. He has a really nice insulated blanked on and is inside, but still, when it's this cold...

This next arctic blast isn't gonna be as bad as two weeks ago. I hope.

Its all relevent to what you get use too. When you are working outside at 20 below zero when it gets to zero it fells warmer. Not that I like it but, I survived. As long as the wind doesn't blow.

Latest posts

Back