• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through January 06, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cledford

displayname
Calvin Ledford
169 Serial #s and fins...

I've got a 169 with serial # 525122. I'd never heard about the fins thing before - but then again I'm new to Cubs, just getting in this year. I picked my 169 up as a restore project in May - but haven't had much time to work on it yet. I'll go home tonight and count the fins and post here. I'll also see what I can find on the engine.

There serial # for my 169 is: 525122

Anyone know when it was built?

Thanks!

-Calvin

Calvin it looks like October 1974, Go to the faqs at the top and look at #10.

I am still looking for my 1st..169....someday

Kraig
Do you have a wireing diargam for a 125 that has what colour each wire is and were it attaches. I need to print that off so I can get my 125 wired and running. thanks a bunch
old.gif

I just counted fins on my K301 and it has 18, I know the fin talk was about K341 but thought I would just add this and is that the normal count for a K301?

Don at there is a color diagram down at the bottom in the wiring thread

Don, what Jeff said. Also there's this:

219157.jpg

Note that the wire <strike>colors</strike> colours (just for you Don
happy.gif
) are listed in this table:

219158.jpg

jeff l baker

i don`t have a colour printer and need to know if I have to log in with my pass word to print the manual off. I just hate to use my pass word and all on a public confuser , But I will if I have to . Thanks
old.gif

DON - The folder marked PDF files have the color names next to the wires, nothing on them is colored. But watch out..... it's a really Really REALLY BIG monster. But it includes EVERY CC ever made and then some.

Denny

Yep I know it should be broken down so the dial up guys can enjoy lol. The one I need is this one that has all the colours Roland's Fancy Colored Wiring Diagrams .I have saved the files in a folder and will have to print some things and pay for them. I use a laser (black) printer here .I have printed over 100 copies and it is still working great.Colour cart cost to much for me lol.
old.gif

DONALD - Aww Heck, just go buy an HP color ink jet like I have, print pretty stuff and don't worry about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

We need another clipart.... a poor guy pulling his pants pockets inside out. ;-)

Dennis Frisk
Don`t waste Cub part money on all them extras. Clip art lol ,
219163.jpg
219164.jpg
219165.jpg

DON - Those will work!

And CC's don't need many parts. I replaced one bad spindle bearing & housing last spring in the 50C deck on the 982 and bought a spare mule drive belt 3 months ago because I didn't have one and smoked it pretty good mowing some tall grass one afternoon. Cub Cadets run pretty cheap!
ihrotate.gif

Dennis Frisk
When we were haveing all that fun I got down to a 125 for a good used wire harnes ,
all set up
219170.jpg

I removed a few nuts and ran into a problem!

219171.jpg

So I thought I must remove the steering colum to get my paws in there lol.Man , there is at least two more plates to get out of the way to drop the colum out the bottom so I can get my paws in there.Off came the cap and well < the wheel might be a problem. Here I go on another complete dismantle and put back working . Have to put new parts in the trunion and just got parts last order from Charlie. New fluid and filter wow that gasket also. I can spray some parts all at once.

219172.jpg

And off topic I did replace the air filter on my 1512 D and put the 450 back on.( snow come on , I dare you
drool.gif
)

The wife told me I needed something for boots by the door.
So I thought I'd get a few BIG one's so everyone could use it.
clappy.gif

219174.jpg

1450 rear PTO?

I saw an ad on fleabay for a "1450 rear pto mount bracket." Is this accurate? I thought only the 800 & 1200 could do a rear PTO as they did not have a hydro.

Thanks,

-Calvin

CALVIN - It's not quite that simple. ALL gear drive CC's could have a rear PTO, but it ran at non-ASAE compliant speed, direction, and was a wierd spline from normal farm tractors or the CUB Farmall or Lo-Boy tractors the early GD CC's borrowed their rearends from. Not just the GD quiet lines got them.

Also the SGT's, Super Garden Tractors, 892, 1872, 1572, 2075, etc all had a 2000 RPM rear PTO as an option for running roto-tillers & rear mount rotary mowers.

As for a rear PTO for a 1450, sounds like someone's selling a roto-tiller gearbox which also has part of the IH 3-point hitch attached. It really isn't a rear PTO, it's still run by the frt PTO clutch via v-belt a-a-l-l-l-l the way under the tractor. IMHO, about 50-75% of the sellers on evilbay have NO clue about what they are selling.

Denny,
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

and was a wierd spline from normal farm tractors or the CUB Farmall or Lo-Boy tractors the early GD CC's borrowed their rearends from.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
Maybe I don't understand what you are saying, but the Cub Cadet rear PTO was the same spline count (10)and size as the one on the Cub and offset Lo-Boy (numbered Lo-Boy's are a different animal). There is/was an adaptor available from Case IH that converted the shaft to a standard size and spline count (6)........but they still turn backwards.

Latest posts

Back