Archive through January 05, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ken, I've never checked any of the hydro rear ends I've had apart to see if this is the case. I'd trust what Steve says. I suppose it can't hurt to put the bolts back in. Well, unless the holes don't go all the way through and the bolts are just long enough without the thickness of the frame to punch their way through...
dunno.gif

coffee.gif

A good day to tinker with Cubs. 55 degrees.
This has been a tough winter so far.
err.gif

DAVE - I took a look too. Nice job! SON is after Me to finish building up a Killer K241 for HIS #70. (Gee, I thought it was mine since I was about nine years old when Dad bought it!)

I'll be getting a load of parts too!

1. can anyone direct me to a good dvd on how to rebuild my kohler engine 10-16 hp

2. I just changed the air filter on my 1650 an noticed that the new filter is a little thicker than the one I took off.

i even took the old one to cub cadet and the replacement from cub is the same as the new one i bought from the tractor supply oulet .

the issue is, that I am not geeting a good seal in the rear of the housing where the air is coming thru the hole on the back up plate - the center part where it mounts on the carb bolt is tight and im sure the filter is sealing good toward the back of the inner cover by the carb plate - is this something I should worry about

Talk about procrastinating. I just put the blade on today - a week into the new year. Normally I put it on during Thanksgiving week. Where's all the stinkin' snow? I put the chains on after these photos. Much easier when it's 50 degrees outside!

234085.jpg

234086.jpg

GEORGE C. -re A DVD to describe rebuilding a 10-16 HP Kohler, I don't think there is such a thing at least I've never heard of one.

BUT, if you check Dave Kirk's website just down the page a couple posts from your's he has a great detailed write-up of building a "Killer Kohler" which is worth reading. Between that and the Kohler K-series manual available free off Kohler's website and maybe some help from us here at the forum you should be in good shape.

There are some videos available on their website also but they seem to be for new or newer engines. Here's a link to there website, http://www.kohlerengines.com/home.htm?brand=eng&source=google&mat=exact&cat=brd&kwd=kohler+engines&s_kwcid=TC%7C16167%7Ckohler+engines%7C%7CS%7Ce%7C14142637675

And the K-series manual. The manual is for ALL K-series engines, K91, 161/181, 241/301/321/341 so make sure your reading the right instructions. The manual is 137 pages so make sure you load your printer with paper before hitting "Print".
http://www.kohlerengines.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/tp_2379.pdf

HI,cub cadet forum. 2 groove pullet for a 7-8hp cub cadet original to run the hyd pump and clutch thanks rod

Roger H

post for the part you want here , IH Cub Cadet Classifieds . It is not that hard to find there!

So i've got both my 125 and 123 in the garage now and am sealing the doors for the "winter"

- and juss WHO stole my WI winter weather?-

In looking at both front ends, I'm thinking the easiest path is to swap the 123 front beam and knuckles onto the 125 frame! I need to check FAq's to see how this works, but it looks straightforward. Anyone see problems with this or am I correct in assuming this is a bolt-up process? thanks for the advice, danWI

OPPPS, hit post to early-

I'm also realizing I need to lift or remove the K301a motor to install my new wire loom! And if I'm pulling the engine, why not clean and paint the frame and check the out why the engine lowers engine speed under load and.... i sure hope its a long quiet winter here! danWI

Charlie - At the rate we're going around here, I probably should have left the mower deck on. Sheesh. If we do get any snow, I'm keeping the leftovers!
biggrin.gif

Don't be wishing for that cold & White Stuff! We still have 2-3 months of winter to go.

I got 2 of my 3 possible snow movers all ready to go PLUS I still have the mower on the 982 in case the lawn should need mowing.

Thanks Charlie. I have a 107 with a stiff hydro lever forward to reverse. It also has a slow return in the brake pedal. I can tell they are related but would anybody have any advise for me. Is there any parts related to this to check. Thanks for your help.

Okay today I have mounted my new hydraulics on my 1650. Now I have two front ports that I want to mount an angle plow. I have the plow I just need to no the stoke of the cylinder. In the parts look up and the post that is in the wanted page looks like the cylinder that is located on the tractor for its hydraulic lift.
If the cylinder is the same can someone please tell me the total stroke
Thanks Troy

Latest posts

Back