Archive through January 04, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aaron, I kinda said "trunion repair", sounds interesting! I'll be watching for it.
112679.gif

Guys,

Here's a picture of my new RED 782 !!!!!!!

Well, if it was not frozen to the ground I could have had it home last Friday and taken a picture.....

I drive by a tractor repair place every day, and for the past 2 months I have been wondering if the garden tractor in the back was a Red Cub Cadet. A person can barely catch a glimpse of this from the road, finally last week I stopped by looked at it. I gave the guy a very small amount of cash, then tried to take it home. But it does not want to leave yet for it is frozen into the ice.

This is a future prject for sure, the motor has a broken rod, I am guessing it is a Series I KT-17 Kohler. The side panels are not on this, they think they are still at the owners house. Hopefully they will locate them - the one guy said hmmm, maybe we threw them away...

I think I will work on this after the 124, the 125, and the 72, and the 382, and, well maybe just later...

Kraig-
I don't think I'm solder challenged, as much as my iron is solder challenged. (Cheap China pencil-style iron)

I think Charlie hit the nail on the head, maybe I should just buck up and buy the $29 Weller gun. (To fix a $4 bulb....)
proud.gif

Either way, bring over that trunion and we'll fix her up!
happy.gif

Vince-
Does this mean I should part out the 782 I have here that you wanted?
lazerburn.gif

(BTW.....It's not frozen to the ground....)
whistling.gif

Art, or you could stop by and borrow one of my soldering irons...

Kraiq, i made up a lift arm out of 1/2 threaded rod today and got a 7" lift. i think i`ll make a nicer one later but we are going to get snow tonight they say.
I wish the guy would have made a tang from the edges back onto the Blue area and then it could be fastened with a sheetmetal screw. Later Don T

I think one problem with my plow other than the air pressure which I rechecked today and sure enough thats half the problem. The other one I think may be the sub frame isnt evenly "spaced" on the rockshaft, the right side is just inside of the lift arm while the left side is between the frame and footrest part of the rear fender. Should they be more centered on the rockshaft, inside of the frame rails? I noticed some flex in the right side sub frame and none on the left, and wondered if that is why its off kilter too.

Well i broke the lift handel some how. can someone tell me what i need to do to fix this. it will still lift the blade but i know it has never moved that far before. I will have to redo the mounting bracket because when its turned to one side it digs in on the back side. Thanks Don T
old.gif

board-post.pl

Latest posts

Back