• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 03, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don-

I won't even post a picture of the garage here. I have as many cubs in it as you have right now...
happy.gif
...Plus dad's Farmall Regular and 2 cars...

my 129 laoder has been put off the paint job because of paint on back order
74873.jpg

hope thats all right Mat i had a bad day.wife had trouble with car emg brake and left it home for me to look at. thats were it started. i started the car and cleaned the rear window only to see it run down the drive in a frozen snow bank. them cars break plastic real easy. new front clip needed now, and all i can think of is cub parts lost.lol

Don-

But I'm impressed. All of that going on and you can still see the garage floor. Beats me how you do that...
lol.gif

I know what that's like though. It's kinda hard to get anything done when you have 3 cubs and a big tractor apart, and then something happens to a car too yet...BTDT

Don, "Parts on Order" is a legal excuse to start something else, and Matt has a good point about the floor.

Don, you also may need to talk up how big Celtic music is on Cape Breton with Kraig M, you might be able to talk him into a visit. 2004 family vaca to NS was great!
dp

Christopher,

The cap on the spindle was loose because the hole through the spindle was worn mostly at the ends of the hole. I took my cheap wire feed welder and welded a little on the inside of the hole at one end. Then I drilled through from the other side. I was going to do the same for the other end of the hole but it didn't seem necessary. I used a new pin when I reinstalled it and I think that helped a lot too.

Not a perfect fix. I'm sure it will wear again but at least I didn't have to buy a new spindle.... yet.
happy.gif

Sorry, no pics. I knew it wasn't going to be a real pretty fix so I didn't want any evidence.

You blokes with too much stuff in yer garages, just give me a GPS fix on yer garage & I'll arrange for a post hole digger & you can release a few cubs.

graeme k tatchell (Gtatchell) lol that was gust the edges of it lol.tried not to show the off topic atv and snapper snow thrower. i will make an effort to throw out some tomorrow.( maybe we should rent container space for the man down under) and send some down. DonT
]
dunno.gif

Brent, I had the same problem on a front rim on my 109, the brg was too loose. I used a piece of brass shim stock until a new (used) rim arrived. I had new brgs in the shimmed rim so I went to use that in the new rim only to have that rim having more slop than the older one..hmmph. So more diggin through old post and found one where all that was needed was to gently hammer the rim evenly all around until the brg fit tight again. I'm not sure if this is a recomended procedure but it has worked for me and the brg seems to be staying put. I did keep the shim stock as it too was working for the time.

Nice garage, Don. Looks like you need more to do. I Googled Vassar Estate Rear Blade and came up with this: Got paint?
bubbly.gif

74889.jpg

Don,

I thought about hammering around the rim where the bearing fits in like that but I was afraid I'd end up with it off center. I take it you didn't have that problem? Maybe I'll give it a try.

Hi all, just to save me the time of researching it, does anyone know if the metal decal for the steering wheel, and for the grille on a 149 are still available through cub, or are they something I should look for reproduction? Thanks! Stephen, after seeing your garage I'm no longer going to complain about mine being to small, I guess I'm just lucky to have one.
happy.gif

Ryan, try the sponsors above, Kirks or CC Specialities. even from down here that worked.

I see Stephen got the deluxe model.....his has a roof and 3 walls. I gave up on shoveling mine
lol.gif

Bren

Ryan, I said Kirks, should have been Madsons. going senile fast.

gosh i wonder if i can get a snow blade moved to Maine? 42"
]
ihrotate.gif

I am interested in a International tiller close to home I have not seen it yet but I know it is availible. Is there an easy way to tell a #1 from a #2 tiller? Also, which one or both?, will fit my 128?

Latest posts

Back