• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 29, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I finish the hard part of restoring my cadet 55, I'm looking to into buying a new project. Should I buy a 73/74 cub? since it would stay within the year of my 55.

Austin,
Why not buy a dozen or so? Most of the rest of us have.
snacks.gif

Attachments

• snacks.gif
    snacks.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 110
Austin, of course you should! A 149 (1971 - 1974) would fit your specs perfectly!
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 110
Austin - ya Frank's got a good suggestion on adding a 149 which were built from 1971-74. If you could narrow down when your 55 was built you could match up to the same month/year for the other unit. (IH introduced the Quiet Line series late 1974, I think Oct/Nov so if your 55 ended up being late 74 you might have to match it to a 1450 or similar Quiet Line unit).

Chris thinks so, too:
302598.jpg
happy.gif

Attachments

• 302598.jpg
    302598.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 116
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 107
  • 302598.jpg
    302598.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 119
Has anyone seen Cub Wheel Weights that have been milled down smooth? I left mine 'as is' but the thought occurred to me after watching a Video of Milling Cast Iron. Locomotiveman Tom

302605.jpg

Attachments

• 302605.jpg
    302605.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 107
  • 302605.jpg
    302605.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 103
Tom S.
Don't even think of such a thing!
bottom.gif

Attachments

• bottom.gif
    bottom.gif
    27.7 KB · Views: 108
Tom, I'm with Shultzie, don't even think of it! I'll add this: Why would you want to remove weight from them?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 116
I think the 'Milled-look' Wheel Weights would look pretty spiffy. It IS doable they say.
Surprised it ain't been done by a Kirk Engines-sorta guy, if even just once.Or chromed rims. Locomotiveman Tom

board-post.pl

Latest posts

Back