• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 28, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff: That hub idea looks good - until the drive pin shears and has to be replaced.
happy.gif

Frank A. Currier(Northern Maine) and Jeff

I have to agree with Frank . The pin will shear form the pluses of the engine. I weld and file to get them close to original spec, and have found it makes a big difference to how long they will last.
old.gif

never a problem again for me !

A week or so ago I wrote asking for the lifting points to raise a 1450 to 90 degrees for some work I wanted to do underneath. I quickly got responses and cautions and a request to relay what I found out. Here’s what I found out. In the past week I visited four shops in the local area. None of the shops could supply me with lifting points for the 1450. No one seems to know if there were ever any listed anywhere. One inquiry provided a weight of 650 pounds which is what I also wanted to know so that I could select a chain hoist. No shop I visited ever raised an assembled tractor to 90 degrees. That said, one of the shops I visited volunteered that they would use a “y” chain sling with a solid spreader, two large “foundry” hooks and a shackle and lift it that way with the hooks connected to the frame. Two shops visited used a simple auto jack and jack stands for anything they had to do, and one uses a hydraulic lift truck and a lifting sling. That’s it. I’m really no wiser. If I do go further the lift-all nylon lifting slings seems like a less expensive way to lift as the smallest available will hold a static 2600 pounds.

Thanks Matt for the info,thought it was 2 bends,but just wanted confirmation.

Wayne,
That is one dirty block.

I've always wondered this, when honing a piston cylinder, is it necessary to remove even a small degree of scoring? In this picture, I can't feel this area at all.
236004.jpg

Have another question, where can I purchase different thickness thrust washers? I need a .010" thickness on the camshaft of my K321.

Good Morning, All. Quick question. I can't seem to get the MTD webwite to work properly when I'm looking up part numbers. SSssooo.... What size screw do I need for the three screws that hold the air cleaner bracket onto the carburetor on a 12 hp Kohler (model 125)? TIA!!! I much appreciate the help.

Update on my 1650:

I'm getting ready to do an engine cradle mod, but have a question or two. I thought I'd pull the oil pan off the engine and the pan to align the side cradle rails before welding the cross member piece to it. I figured if I pulled the oil pan, I ought to have a gasket in hand to replace, so I got myself one.

236007.jpg

Now I'm thinking, maybe I could use the gasket for a template vs the oil pan. Good or bad idea?

While I was busy paying shipping, I bought a head gasket too. Question is - should I pull the head and decarbon it while I have the engine out or am I opening a can of worms if I do this.

Thanks!!!!
Bill

Bill i probally would pull the pan. I have bought gaskets that didn"t fit as well as they should.
On the head carbon i say if it isn't broke don"t fix it. BUT i usually don"t have problems with carbon buildup because i use marvel mystery oil in my gasoline. It helps prevent carbon buildup and IMOP is a good stabilizer.

Luther H. Fancy and I say a BIG THANK YOU!!! (And... like me, you're up early also.)

Bill J. I'd use the oil pan. More stability during the welding. And I'd say it is a good move to decarbon the engine and replace the head gasket.

Everyone have a wonderful day and a fabulous weekend.
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back