• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 28, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bruce,
I sent them back to ya, but here they are anyway.
52474.jpg

52475.jpg

Bruce.

All of those items are removable,what you have there is the gear box for a tiller and the lower bracket for a 3 point sleeve hitch and the trailer hitch.
If you do not have the rest of the tiller just remove the gear box and rebolt the lower 3 point bracket and trailer hitch/draw bar to the rearend.

As long as you will be removing all those items you might just as well remove the reat tranny cover drain out the oil, wipe out any grudge, and replace the cover with a new gasket if needed. Fill with HYTRAN OIL only, its the best oil to use
and is recomended by IH.

Oh, Bruce, I did not recive any e-mail from you, what address did you send it to.

David..
also could be that you are using a non-cub cadet brand oil filter... the Fram cross reference, for example, is not the same, and will make the hydro act as you described.... HTH

Forum working fine for me! =Þ

70 has been brought back to life. After checking resistance from -coil post to ground, I was getting intermittant resistance of 3-4ohms when points closed..even after filing contacts. I polished up the contacts on another set, cleaned up mounting surface, and we have FIRE!

Ran a few minutes, but will need some fuel system work to get it back up to snuff. Thanks for the help!

Charlie, it was down for several minutes for me. It seems OK now.
dunno.gif

I wonder if we ask Dan H., in a really nice way, if he will make up some old style bearing cups....... I know he's busy but, I think he might consider doing it if done in large enough quantity so that some $$$$$ could be made.
coffee.gif

LONNY,THANKS FOR THE HELP,SHOULD THAY BE A FILL PULG IN THE TRANNNY COVER AND CAN I STILL FIND A GASKET FOR IT OR DO I HAVE TO MAKE ONE.

Latest posts

Back