• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 26, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike,

The loader in the picture is an early Kwik-Way loader mounted to a 982 in a custom mount. I don't think there is anything too different about the loader itself, so a search for that style Kwik-Way will likely result in more than one example and multiple owners......just a thought....
happy.gif

Well, here's a pictorial governor findings...

The broken bits were easy to find! The Gov is behind the camshaft behind the large gear... Camshaft is showing shiny wear! The spare motor Gov tells the location story
235852.jpg

235853.jpg

235854.jpg

235855.jpg

SO. The metal tab on the governor rod is pinned in place and is too long to pass thru the governor hole. It looks like the camshaft is in the way of the governor replacement. My camshaft needs to come out anyways to address that shiny wear at the points rod! Back to reading the disassembly manual, danWI

Charlie, and others who has experience with them...

How much of PIA is it to get on and off the tractor with a loader on it? I would think it would be ok, no worse than a 50" deck stuck out the sides. But some of them you see on guys' tractors look HUGE and perhaps take up way too much space near the fenders???

Just out of curiosity, Has anyone put independent brakes on any of the gear drive wide frames?

Gee Whiz Charlie, I am thinking your going to need a tractor to put that 2nd one on! Might be able to help you out on that one, I scratch your back, you give me a loader to mount on it!

ANDREW,

I PUT THEM ON A 682 GEAR DRIVE I BUILT A COUPLE YEARS AGO. I CONVERTED THE INTERNAL BRAKE REAR AXLE TO A DISC BRAKE WHEN I WAS INSTALLING THE REAR PTO AND CREEPER DRIVE AND DECIDED TO GO ALL OUT AND PUT THE DUAL TURNING BRAKE SET UP FROM A 982.

NEVER REALLY GOT A CHANCE TO USE THEM MUCH AS THE KT-17 BROKE THE CRANK SHORTLY AFTER I GOT EVERYTHING BACK TOGETHER. I DECIDED TO SELL THE TRACTOR SHORTLY AFTER THAT WHEN SOMEONE OFFERED ME A STUPID AMOUNT OF MONEY JUST FOR THE BACK HALF OF THE TRACTOR.

Guys I have to ask if the cam can be removed for a K without taking the crank out
1a_scratchhead.gif
. The pin the cam rides on is just pounded in from one side so ? why not just remove the pin ,lift out the cam and the replace the governor and governor rod with a new tab. I did replace a governor on my 149 without taking the engine all apart , so a debate on this would be nice. can it be done ???

Mike Patterson

I can tell you my loader is a pain for me getting off and on the tractor.If I had it to do over I would have moved the two tower sections ahead to give me more room by the fenders. Doing that would change the weight ratio needed to lift a bucket full of soil , rocks , ect. The farther back the weight would mean less weight needed .
1a_scratchhead.gif

And the power steering I soon will install will make my 129 even better to use. I just can`t stop nodding lol.

Mike,

I have had a Kwik Way like Charlie's on both a 149 and 1872(current loader). The SGT frame is a HUGE improvement with respect to operator access and space...the 5" in the center frame makes all the difference.......AND the extra length makes the tractor handle better.

Don,

I wonder if it would be possible to make a swivel seat so that you could enter at the back and swivel around to the driving position

Andrew, I have installed them on a 782 and am working on them for a 1650. I used the basic pedals from an off topic tractor. I built the pedal mounts and linkages out of my junk box. I wanted to retain the functions of the original pedal so it has taken me quite a while to figure it out. The independent brakes will not stop the tractor but they will stop wheelspin which is the reason I have them. I use the original system just as before for normal use. I removed the shaft and one brake arm on the 782 and replaced it with a longer one with three arms on it. I used only existing holes and have not modified any original part. The whole system can be removed to restore the tractor to original.

Am getting a creeper. Would it be better to install it on my 104 with 42" front blade or on my 122 with 10" Brinly plow??

Arvin John Foes

I might give that idea some thought.

Power-steering parts arrived today in the mail. I see I will have to give this mod some thought also. I do have a plan .

235862.jpg

Don,

I've done that mod with a 782 and just about the same parts. I'll try to send some photos for your reference.

Doug M - you better buy another Creeper. It's ideal and almost must have, for both the Brinly plow and front blade.

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die

Doug M.

I wouldn't consider a creeper a requirement for either implement. Most front blades are run in 2nd or 3rd gear and plowing is done in 1st or 2nd gear....no real NEED for creeper for anything but tiller and snow thrower IMHO.

Back