• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 25, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig, Paul,
My Panther had a 399 Kohler.... Sign of things to come?

Todd M, which plow days are you going to in Pa? I might be going to the one down by Greensburg. Isn't the other one more central Pa? Nick

Denny, ummm, I have a few CC pix.
happy.gif
BTW, Hank's photos were VERY high resolution, I could post just your face and have it take up most of everyone's screen....
icon_eek.gif
.... but I won't do that.
happy.gif

Paul, Scott, the Arctic Cat 292 in the Panther that I had was a Kawasaki.

KRAIG - That WOULD break the forum....Charlie & Bryan would send some of their "Friends" in trench coats with violin cases to visit Me.
Shotgun.gif

i just picked up a 42 inch plow for 25 bucks not to bad i might be trading it for a 54 inch soon the guys gonna len me know

Kraiq just how long did it take for your rebuild?? lol here the list is going on. But something every day is primed or cleaned. later Don T
115342.jpg

Don, what rebuild? If you mean the Original refurbish, it's not quite done yet and I started on it in 2004.
blush.gif
If you are referring to the Killer Kohler I didn't do that rebuild, David Kirk rebuilt my K301 for me in his spare time, as a winter project.

Kraiq . I thought the O was completed ! There is some pile of parts to the 129 and the loader. But i will be going to a 104 next . My loader is just practice lol. Later Don T
old.gif

Don, it's almost done, just need to finish wiring the lights, figure out the governor, adjust the clutch add some oil and gas, buy a battery and see if the darn thing 'll start.

I don't know it this was a bargain or not, but I just ordered "Cub Cadet - The First 45 Years" from all places, Green Magazine for $19.95 and free shipping. Now I can get almost smart on Cub Cadets.

Terry: It's a bargain at almost any price, IMHO.
Don T.: When you get done with the dash, I've got a 123 seat you can work on.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Frank,
You're probably right, but normally when I buy something and think I'm getting a bargain, someone else, or even myself, find it at a much cheaper price. I did find it at the Farmall Cub site, but it was $22.95 and I'm not sure what the shipping was.

IT RUNS ... Thursday 2-27-2009 2:00pm Eastern Standard Time. The engine in my 127 ran for the first time since I've owned it. Tomorrow off to the Florida Flywheelers 17th Annual Antique Engine & Tractor Show -featuring Lawn & Garden Tractors. I hope to see many of the Florida Cubbers there.
Next week I'll start on some serious cleaning and attempt to get the hydo lever to move to I can know the tractor will move under its own power. Anyone have thoughts or experience why the lever will not move to either forward or reverse.

Hay guys I have a little problem. I have a 14 gag wire going from the felled on the starter to ground up behind the voltage regulator. It is getting reel Hot. Should that wire be 10 or 12? Or is it in the wrong pleas.
Thanks.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Mike M. Get the wire diagram from the FAQ's above and check your wiring! Neither of the wires from the S/G terminals should be going to ground. Should be going to a lug on the regulator marked 'F'. 14ga should normally be fine.

Mike M
If you are saying you have a 14 gauge wire going from the FIELD terminal on a starter generator to a ground on the voltage regulator, it is not connected correctly. The wire from the Field of S/G should go to the Field/FLD/F terminal of the voltage regulator.

Strait Hollis

My 109 linkage "seized up" I had lubed with white grease. Mistake, or at least the brand is, not sure which.

Anyway, I oiled all linkage liberally with engine oil. Smooth as silk.

That is a start for you anyway.}

Luther H. BOONE,Iowa!!! Okay now here's the plan. Since you will have an empty truck going to Rockford. Just keep going east on highway 30 REAL early in the morning until you get to Colo. (East of Ames 17 miles on new 30.)You can load one of my Cubs up and help truck it to Plow Day. We'll go up 65 and come in the backway. We'll form a mini convoy (Mike Caruth, Pat Zeroth and his son (Pat may have his Allis 414 to plow with), your truck, and my Ol' Dakota. Who knows ... if I could find a Brinly for Clarence and find a way to get him there then he would have a blast letting someone plow with him. (Of course.... I'd have to then borrow a plow seeing as I only have three plows.) Or if I can get a cart there Clarence could give rides. E;mail if'n you're interested.

Kraig M. Are those pictures of Dennis F? If so... he reminds me of Ron Howard.
happy.gif

Dennis F. If that is your little Cub would you please send me some detailed pics of your hitch please. Maybe I could fab something like that for Clarence. TIA

Got the rear end and just about everything else off the 104 today. It was 56 degrees today!! I still havent figured out how I'm going to get the steering wheel off, the PO never put another nut on there, just pounded the darn thing over on itself with what appears to have been a chisel. I dont know if I can save it. The guy who owns the garage I'm in has some of his tools in there for when they come up to visit and just so happens to have one of those hand held band saws! I might have to take it for a test drive, if nothing else works.
115346.jpg

Scott, The easy way would be to grind off that bugger and split the shaft with a hack saw. Once split the wheel should come off easily. BTDT

Back