• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 24, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Edward ,i sent you some info on the c/r spring .don,t remove the engine ,

Congrats Charlie,on the 73, nice original condition, if it's a narrow frame I like it, if it takes round fenders I like it even more!

Charlie, Glad you finally found that elusive 73. Looking forward to trying out the #1 tiller on mine this spring!

would like to know what year my original is
s/n 506489]-28542E thanks for the help
stan

Stanley: From the FAQs:

https://www.ihcubcadet.com/IHCCFAQ/IH%20LOUISVILLE%20WORKS%20SN.htm
happy.gif

thanks frank for the info but i can't find any numbers on that list for the numbers on my plate??

thanks frank for the info but i can't find any numbers on that list for the numbers on my plate??

RICK B. - Lucas is correct, except my K301 was missing FIVE blower fins in a row, at least most of each fin. Talk about vibration! A used good flywheel was my cure, but your idea of milling the broken fin off plus the fin directly opposite would work well too. Not sure what a good used FW would cost now, but I suspect they're cheap.

Paint on the taper the FW fits on, PLUS paint on the inside of the carb? Some people just shouldn't be allowed around tools & engines! You've had a difficult project bring that engine back to life so far.

I'll look for a flywheel, but I think I'll mill this one for at least a useable spare.
I'd hate to put $20 dollars into a tractor I paid $10 for...LOL!(True Story)

Yeah...PAINT...PAINT...PAINT. I took the oil pan off and there is even paint on the camshaft.
It only ran for a few moments, as the govenor does not work....thus why I'm tearing it down.
The good: looks like new valves and .030" over piston / new rod.
Not liking the hack-saw shortening of the rod dipper to clear the shallow oil pan! Not even an attempt to file off the burrs.
Grade 2 Hardware with standard washers on the cyl. head looks like a fail as well...good grief!

I'll try and put some pics up soon.
This is destined to be the power plant for my loader 129.

Latest posts

Back