• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 23, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
So I get parts in from Shelby operations today that had plastic dashes and fans in it, and this is how they sent it, Grrrrrrrrrrrr
Needless to say, the plastic stuff did NOT fair well.
319598.jpg

319599.jpg

319600.jpg

Digger,

I'm going to Shelby today to visit a few of my favorite stores. One is called Sportsman's Den, the other and cub related is called Glenn's surplus. It is cub related because if you dig thru the surplus sometimes you run into Cub Cadet Parts. If you send me that 82 series dash I will personally take it back to them and explain what they did wrong, and then I will install it on my tractor! lol

Nice on the 1466 Charlie, not so much the plastic parts, ugh. I got a specialty coffee mug once that was shipped that way. Even smaller pieces when they got it back. Called and said they wouldn't exchange or refund, until I sent a pic that's how I received it. Next two came in boxes. Guess the extra was compensation, or they forgot they sent it 3 weeks prior, lol.

Looked at the local auction list too late. Missing out on a 106. I don't have THAT model.....

Digger.
I hope the reliance engine parts for the 1466 work out for you. People have been having lots of trouble with poorly made parts.

Nate,
It was either Red Power or the reliance kit and all 3 CNH dealers I deal with said the reliance was the best one to use. Time will tell.

Rob.
Yea, good luck with that, LOL

Earl,
Seems that's the way of things these days, SIGH!

Parts package from Charlie yesterday!!
Thanks Man!!
The 149 will have the sexiest valve stems in the whole fleet this 4th of July get together in the front yard and will lead the Cub section of the parade that afternoon!!

Rob
I live about 35 miles due West of Shelby. Glen's is referred to as the "Shelby Mall" around here.

Harry B., I'm no expert but from what I've been told, none of the engines installed in the Quietline series were equipped with balance gears. The Isomounts were supposed to isolate the engine from the tractor which they did, but not very effectively.

David K-the motor I’m rebuilding for my double stick 1450,it came out of my current running 1450 had balance gears so I’d assume that the motor that’s in my running 1450 also had balance gears

Plus one for balance gears in a Quiet Line model 1450 garden tractor. My second 1450 had them. Also, in Ken's book, its told of the extent by which IH was forced to produce safer, and less noise producing garden tractor equipment from the Federal government. A lot of time, research, and money went into the Quiet Line models that was all for nothing as the Fed government dropped it's laws at the time. Noted was a story about how automobile race engines adapted balanced engine components, and thus as the story told by Ken, which inspired IH for having/ requested balance gears in the engines.

I did not get to paint today, but I did work on a 124.
The wind was gusty at times, and it sprinkled some. Not a good day to paint.

Took the tranny and clutch out to remove a creeper and rear lift for a hydraulic unit.
Then built another clutch and driveshaft to go back in. Had to take the engine loose to get the clutch in.

The steering spindle on the left side was rusted almost solid in the axle.
That took a while to get out and clean up.

Also changed out the rear wheels, because I wanted to keep the ones that were on it.
Found out the wheels I put on it were loaded with antifreeze. Got most of that out.

Worked all day on it, but I enjoyed it!
thumbsup_old.gif
ihrotate.gif

Lots of sunshine here today.
Had to get the 149 off the table and Liam wanted a ride.
Hope to get the fender pan back soon so final assembly can get under way soon, before anhydrous season sets in.
The training session is coming up in a couple weeks already!!

319612.jpg

David S., nice!

After church today I spent about 5 hours moving snow. First at my place with my #2 125 then I drove to my moms and used her JD to clear her driveway and up around the barns. I'm beat.

David K/Matt/Ethan/Jeff/Mark/et al,

Regarding the balance gear discussion on QL models, it's interesting that in looking at the CC Parts Lookup site for the 1450 and 1650 (K321AQS & K341AQS) engines, there is no sign of balance gears in the illustrations or in the part number lists that I could find (maybe they are there and I'm missing them but I did look twice), yet some QL engines have them and some don't.

It may be possible that the first year or two of production may have had them while later production did not or vice versa. The QL models did have ~6 year production run and a number of change improvements were introduced over the run in preparation for the 82 Series models.

The QL models engines have a higher 1000 RPM idle speed setting than prior models at ~600 RPMs. I've always understood that the higher idle setting on the QL's was to help minimize engine vibration at the low end due to the iso-mounts and the supposed omission of balance gears. Maybe it was to limit vibrations mostly for the iso-mounts.

Interesting discussion.

Friday morning while using my #2 125 and QA42 to clear the snow that fell overnight Thursday into Friday one of my rear tires gave out.
rant.gif
rant.gif
rant.gif
rant.gif
rant.gif
rant.gif

Thankfully I have a bunch of spare parts. Poor tire. I guess I can't complain too much, it lasted about 50 years... I guess it was just tired out.
jester.gif

319621.jpg

Back