• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 22, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know if this is what you're looking for or not. I'm not sure if the 122 has the longer pin as mentioned in the second drawing.

34119.gif

34120.gif

Close, but no cigar. Was hoping for snow plow Nirvana but it missed us by about 1000ft, straight up. Pushing snow off driveways in Santa Barbara would have been a real treat. Maybe next storm - now what to wear?

This hit last weekend on its way to you guys. Good Luck
34123.jpg

Kraig - I've tried to get those clutch disc anti-rattle springs to stay on the outsides of the pins with NO success. I can't prove it but I think centrifugal force bends the ends of the spring away from the edge of the disc and then they're free to fly away. I always have to slide them on the pins then slide the engine back so the springs are trapped.... and even then I loose one every now and then.... But don't ask Me how.....

Hey I know I have not been real active on here latley with the hours I have been working and the changes in my parts business so I am not sure what the plans are for a Plow Day this fall. But I have been asked to put on a garden tractor plow day along with the Indiana Hand Corn Husking contest this fall, as we did a few years ago, the one 3 years ago was a great sucess. So as of now we will be holding a Garden tractor Plow Day in Fort Wayne IN, on Oct 7 2006 it should be dominated by Cub Cadets but all brands are welcome.

Hey there Mike Frade - I'm still here in the Great NW, located about 10 miles north of Seattle. If I recall Portland is about 200+ miles south of me. I'll try sending you an e-mail - IF you got the real Yeller & White fever I could put some gas in the 169 and let you take it for a ride (rain or shine).

Hydro Harry
Ya it's me
Alive and Well - no ghost here

Hey there William Tim Ham - way down south in BAMA!!!!!
On that Kolher in your 1250, I didn't see anyone post a response so here goes from an infamous old time poster like me - a full rebuild is probably the best - but may not be fully necessary. It is the safest thing to do if you want to make sure it will keep running for another 20+ years (assuming you do the regular Kohler recommended maintenance). You might just have a blown head gasket due to carbon build up which is a common issue with Kohlers that have NOT been taken care of - meaning someone didn't "de-carbon" the head and piston every 500 hours) and since it's a Quiet Machine (has all the engine tin work and side covers) alot of people didn't want to bother finding out where the head was. And another thing, you mention being able to see the muffler so I suspect some of the tin work is missing which means the hot exhaust is flowing back over the engine and not allowing the engine to run as cool as it should (or at least hotter than it should be). If you want to attempt to see if it will run better you could start by taking off the necessary tin and metal shrould stuff to get at the head, and then remove the head. Then have a look at the cylinder walls for scoring or gouges that could indicate a broken ring. If the cylinder is ok then I clean off ALL the carbon on the head and piston using a plastic or wooden scraper. Be careful not to let carbon get betweem the cylinder wall and piston (since this also is a common cause of scoring). Once you got the carbon cleaned off you can try and true up the head using sand paper over a piece of glass (gives you a nice true flat surface). Then you can install your new head gasket and follow the correct torque sequence and specs. Put the tin work back as best you can and go for it - see how she runs. I'd also make sure the timing is correct and the valves are adjusted correctly. If she runs better and doesn't smoke so much, you may really just need to re-ring BUT I've never known that to be the real true case. Kohler does have .003 oversized rings which might just do the trick (the aftermarket rings are only available in .010 or greater so you'll have to go for the Kohler stuff). Even if your cylinder is not to far warn it should be honed to make sure any new rings will seat up. If you have to hone it then you got to check the crank which is the critical spec item in a Kohler - it HAS TO BE within spec. And well, it probably should have a new rod, and the valves ground, and well you know the rest, you end up with a full rebuild. It's not as hard to do as you might think - if you have some basic understanding of engines - and buy a Kohler manual. There are some tricks you need to know and learn about Kohlers but some of the engine guys on here can fill you in. Things like balance gears - if you got them do you leave them in or out on a rebuild - and how bout rebuilding the governor while you're inside the block.

Well - by now this post seems as long winded as some of my old time ones. It's past 1 in the A.M. and I need my sleep before a long work day tomorrow. Hope you find this posting helpful. Let me know what you decide. I wish I was going thru BAMA so I could have a look see my self. Quiet Line CCs were my 1st and real favorite (although I really love my 169).

Hydro Harry
Hydros are forever

Just a short note to all the rest of you guys on here - I was really looking for alot more snow pics. Kinda funny seein that pic that Harry Butch posted. Some great ones in the Chesse Land. There must be more snow someplace!!!!! AND some CCs out there workin it!!!!
Did I see something about already planting onions in Ohio???? Can't be.
Lets see some more snow pics with CCs a'workin it.

Hydro Harry
Hydros Forever

Hydro Harry, good to see you posting! Long time no post. I wish I had some snow to take photos in. At my place near Somerset, Wisconsin there is anywhere from none to about 6" of snow on the ground. As for pics of Cub Cadets in the snow this is the best I can do for recent photos this was back in December.

34127.jpg

"I'TS <font size="-2">(He's)</font> ALIVE"!!!!

Welcome back Hydro!!!!

Hydro Harry, you've been on the west coast too long that dairy product is spelt: C-H-E-E-S-E. And here's what my 125s do when they hear me say it:

34129.jpg

Hey Harry!!! You want snow pics? How 'bout pics of you and snow?
lol.gif

34133.jpg

34134.jpg

34135.jpg

Hi all,
I'm in need of a litle advice. Last week I bought a package deal which included a 108 and some implements. One piece was an International Harvestor lawn sweeper in real nice shape. A neighbor is bugging me to buy it and a spreader that also came with the 108. The spreader is an off brand which I will sell to him, I already have one. The question is on the sweeper. Is it a common item or will I regret selling it later? The man is not a collector, he just wants it to use. Any thoughts?

Wayne Smith

Wayne,

I am by far no exspert, but I would say that the IH branded lawnsweepers are getting harder to find
and I would hang onto it.
If it is complete and in working condition all the better for you, as it would look nice hooked up behind a cub cadet at any show.

Wayne...there is a very goog chance you will regret selling it.....cub related,keep it!
ihrotate.gif

Kraig,

Wanted to thank you for your info on the lift springs. I ended up finding one but not easily, truck repair places are a little scarce here. I was about to cut up the spring and then tried this. It works perfectly for just a front end implement which is what I have. Of course having a bracket helps. I also did a rough measurement of the spring rate should anyone be interested. It is about 260lbs/inch, pretty strong. The wire diameter on mine is 0.192. It looks slightly smaller than your blue spring. The color might be a rating code.
34145.jpg
34146.jpg
34147.jpg

Hi again,
A few weeks ago I wrote this group about an Original I found for sale. Everyone agreed that I shouldn't pass it up so I didn't. I brought it home last weekend and took some pictures today. The plow looks like it was adapted from a different tractor but everything else is there. It definately needs some work, more like a total restoration. Pics on my Fotki site.

http://public.fotki.com/SmithFarms/cub_cadet/original/

Wayne Smith

Thanks, Hydro Harry. That's some good advice. I got a good response over on the registry but not nearly so detailed. I went abead and printed yours off to sorta use as a check list. By the way, the heat shield around the muffler was completely missing but I found an almost complete one in my scrap pile. Now I'm gonna get my HVAC buddy to make me a top piece and it should help keep the heat going in the right direction. Thanks again from "The Heart of Dixie".
Tim Ham

Latest posts

Back