• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 22, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfrade

displayname
Mike Frade
Working this week in the Great Nor'West. Mostly between Gresham,OR and Portland,OR and also Camas,WA and Vancouver, WA. Haven't seen a single Yellow and White ANYTHING! Haven't seen or heard of Hydro Harry in a millenium! Oh Well. I'll keep searching! Mike..

Does anyone have the specs on a ported hydro? I am looking for the cubic inch per rev displacement and the maximum output pressure.

Thanks

Charlie,
Close, whats the ported hydro's part number? I my guess is the series 15. If so the cubic inches seems very high for the ported side of the hydro.

Another question I have is what happens to the wheel power when you are running the hydraulics through the ported side of the pump?

The reason I am asking is I have heard that you could run a loader or a backhoe or whatever off of a ported pump. However, I would think you would lose to much hydro power if you were lifting and moving forward. Can anyone confirm?

Terry B:

The Cub Hydros are the Sundstrand 15U Series. Here is the data sheet on the 15U:

34107.jpg

Charlie -

Folks don't wanna read the FAQs, let alone proofread 'em for ya!
lol.gif

I found this paragraph in the 149 manual.
34111.jpg

It looks like the implement power only comes from the charge pump. I think the 600 psi might be a bit low for a loader. It also looks like the volume is based on the charge pump volume minus what the hydro needs, based on the flow diagram below. However, when I looks at the specs, it shows the charge pump diplacement is .3 cu in/rev and the pump and motor is .9 cu in/rev. This almost looks like the charge pump is starving the variable pump and motor. I must be missing something.
dizzy.gif

34112.jpg

Terry,

There are two semi-independent systems incorporated into the hydrostatic transmission.
The charge pump is what is used for supplying fluid to external hydraulics via the ported front casting and replenishing the hydrostatic pump-motor circuit. The pump-motor unit is what drives the rear wheels. Tapping fluid off the charge pump does not affect the power transmission characteristics of the hydro.

Terry,

That paragraph says it much better than I. Remember that the charge pump only makes up for leakage in the pump-motor unit. With a hydro in good condition, this leakage is very, very small and the charge pump only keeps the circuit topped off.

Mike, Check out Centralia Wa. I have a 129 in the shed. Already mowed the lawn with it over a week ago.

Thanks Charlie, David, and Bryan
I see..... The basic pump motor circuit is a closed system and the charge pumps function is to keep the system charged (hence the name "charge" pump). So the flow out of the charge pump will be .3 minus the closed system leak.

One final thought, when I first start the loader 147 it takes about 5 to 10 seconds before the tractor will move. I am assuming this means the closed system is loosing all of its hydraulic fluid when not running. Then it takes 10 seconds to charge the system back up with the charge pump. Is this normal wear? Is there a bad check valve I should look for? Is the hydro just worn out? It does have allot of power in both directions. I did pull metal fragments out of the hydro's case drain hole last week. I still wonder what these fragments are from.
34115.jpg

Terry:
Looking closely, that appears to be the last few bits of something green (still undigested).....

Hi Folks,
Took a 14 HP K-321 to a machine shop yesterday, upon talking to the manager he said he could punch a 12hp to the bore size of a 14HP. I asked if he could go from a 14 to a 16HP in bore size. His answer was he was not sure.
Any help out there?
Thanks
G.L.

I am looking for some assistance with the following:
I have a CC122 (12hp). Can anyone explain or display a picture showing the proper installation of the Clutch Driving Disk Springs?
(I can't figure out how they go on and not rattle like all heck).
Also, has anyone ever found a more effective carb. adjustment method (for fuel mixture) other than what is in most manuals?

Thank you.

G.L.-
It is possible to bore most K321 blocks out to a 3.75 inch bore (standard K-341); however, I would NOT recomend doing it. The cylinder walls are paper thin. The engine (even if you use a head strap)may last for a while; but, it will definately not stay together for very long.

Charlie -
Thank you for the link - very helpful...
It seems that the springs should be bent a bit to latch onto the back of the clutch disk, correct?

Latest posts

Back