• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 22, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rob- a 582 will do just fine pulling a plow. I had my one last spring at Travis's in 3rd gear and WOT and the hydro where slowing me dow.
angry.gif
but then I do have the govenor and carb "teeked" a slight bit higher than what B&S recomends!!

Rob, tractors w/ serial #719999 and below use the more common lift and sleeve hitch.
34172.gif

34173.gif
I think the 720000 and above use the cat"0" three point.
wave.gif

(Message edited by dallen on February 28, 2006)

Hugh- Thanks for the response, I got a 18 horse I/C engine transplanted in mine. Can you hear my Tim Taylor grunting type noises?

Darrel-thanks for the schematic. Are these parts still available new?

Anyone-One other issue my 582 seems to have is getting the 44C deck to be able to use the full range of cutting heights? (I can only put the deck all the way down, and raise it one or two notches) Is there some trick to this, or did IH put all the adjustment notches in there just to tease us?

Rob,
mebbe, I've never tried to buy new ones, I think your wallet would havta' be so big, you could get hurt fallin' off of it.
roflol.gif
34176.jpg
I picked up this 582 recently.
(Oh yeah, you could check with one of the sponsors,you know, the colorful boxes above
thumbsup.gif
)

Charlie,
I'm with Hugh. I had my 582 at acouple of PD's and only had it 3/4 open to keep off of the "Hydro's" assses.

Charlie,
I think they were folowing 10 & 12 hp hydros. I never seen them pull up behind me either, but then I was running a 1650 with the hydro usually all the way forward at Travis's, Glen's & Steve's was a little bit different conditions and not quite as fast going.

I can't WAIT till Wyatt gets His Wheatland done.... Then We'll see a REAL Plow Special gear drive! The engine I'm planning for the 72 I plow with won't be any where near what His engine is and Wyatt says My 72 should outpull My 982!
deadat30.gif

Denny, have you spoken with Wyatt recently? If so do you know if he's planning on attending PD10? Any idea when his Wheatland project will be complete? Do you know if he's made any progress on the Capri? Do I ask too many questions?
happy.gif

I'm glad to see I fired up the age old debate on Hyrdo's vs. Gear Drives. Glad to stir the pot and run. Now what about my question regarding getting the deck to elevate within the full range of the lift lever???

Denny, you wrote:
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Then We'll see a REAL Plow Special gear drive!<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
<font size="-1">What do you mean by "REAL"? Just curious.</font>

KRAIG - I have to call him some night SOON this week! I'll find out about Him & PD. He posted some pic's of His engine for the Wheatland when He was still able to. With His combination Don V & DK #1 figured He'd have somewhere around 19-20 HP from a K-321. My K-321 was more conservative, around 16, maybe a bit more. I figure the Wheatland will be done for PD #12, maybe 13..... and Your old Capri would be next in line. I think Wyatt was going to have three plowing gears..... a slow (16T) 2nd, a fast 2nd (19T) and a 2nd-and-a-half from MWSC along with His 25% overdrive. Accounting for a bit of slippage, 5 to 6 mph normal plowing speed as long as You have gas..... At one time We discussed aux. gas tanks too! BIG ones!

Wrong Charlie I was plowing 6-8" down depending on how hard the hard pan was!! At least I didn't have to get towed back like someone did a couple years ago on his 1450
roflol.gif

Now Hugh,
We don't want to start airing dirty laundry now do we! snicker
You forget how close I live to your dad and he just loves to tell stories on you when he's over here! hehehehe

Am trying to pass the word from a sponsor. I just bought a NEW short block speced for my 149. Was told by Ken Updike that I wound up with the SIXTH to the last one left! There will not be any more!!! He also ships out a nice book for the money too!!!
So if you like your cub this might be the time

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the part number is for the rear axleshaft seals on my 782 #667549

Kevin

(Message edited by kbrunk on March 01, 2006)

Kevin B.
I guess since you asked the same question through 3 different venues, I'll use this one to answer you.
Seal PN-921-0187 Needle bearing PN-741-0363

JERRY - Did Kenny sign His Book for You like He does Mine? And I saw a post by Mike Schmudlach on the Redpower forum that Hank Will is hanging around Madison doing research at the Archives for another book. Anyone who didn't get His book signed You have a chance to catch up with Him.... And THAT's not easy to do!
CHARLIE - You ran out of gas and had to get towed correct? ;-) Those BIG HP tractors sure need bigger tanks!

Latest posts

Back