Archive through February 21, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beat me to the post. Guess it was repainted then as suspected; however, if the tag was painted over I wouldn't have bothered to get one for it.

It makes no sense to me, I see no signs of red paint or anybody messing with the plates or rivets. No matter what it is, it runs great and I guess I dumbed into some hybrid 14hp gear driven wide frame. I can't seem to get the pics small enough to upload but if anyone would be so gracious as get them via email and give some interpretaion, it may make more sense.

Man who streched this forum??

Anyway what we know with out seeing about Tims post

1. its a QL version according to date portion of serial number

2. model portion of serial says its a 782

3. 14 hp with iso mounts where not stock in the the 782 or a gear drive QL

Tim we need pictures

How could I upload a decent size pic. It seem to say I had a 100 kb limit. I am as dumb about this as I am this darn tractor

Mike F,
I think there was more snow that day at Daniel Chestnut's family home, than we have had here all winter.
Left to right, Daniel, Paul F, Mike F, Jason Karrer, me.
235683.jpg

I threw some pics on Flikr if anyone cares to crack this case. If I have missed something simple, I apologize.

LINK

Mod edit: Link fixed.
happy.gif

It looks like it did not hyperlink the whole link so I guess cutting and pasting is the best way

Hey everyone, this is my first post, so sorry if I screw it up.

I recently bought a 1968 124 from my dad for hauling stuff around my property. It needs some work, and first on my list is getting the fuel leaks stopped.

The motor is a K301-47138. The first leak I'm trying to fix is coming from the fuel shut-off valve. I have looked through parts diagrams and I haven't seen a blown-up picture of the part. The fuel is leaking directly from the valve.

I put an O-ring on the base of the set screw that the valve screw is screwed into, but that didn't stop it. I tried backing the valve and the set screw all the way out to look for a missing seal, but it wouldn't come out.

Sorry that this is lengthy, and I'm probably not calling everything by the right name.

Here's a link to a pic of the part in question.

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g415/buddy5954/Fuelshutoff.jpg

I guess asking my question would help.

Does anyone know how I can stop this leak? Should I replace the entire part? Where could I find this part?

Latest posts

Back