• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 18, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive worked with and consequently on lots of JD stuff... im not impressed with any of there stuff, everything ive used has broken! and NO it wasnt operator error! plus the parts are always super expensive and there a not the easiest things to work on....

Lucas...The "lawn mowers" are on this page.

As for full size tractors, Ford even ranks higher in my book than JD....Why pay extra for green paint ?!

yah ive used some fords also... not a bad tractor at all.

Ahhhhh, Lucas has a new tag line. Tune in tomorrow to see if he can still log in.
banned1.gif
clappy.gif

see i dont agree with that... why bann him... he is just confused... he will realize eventually the error of his ways!

185667.gif
He left himself open for a bustin...

Matt...ya, I get to play on a couple 7600's and a 9000 sometimes in the summer.

On the angle blade cylinder the ports and pin are on the side . the lift cylinders are quarter turn off so them wont mount up . I have the light cylinder on the 1450 with the 54" blade. must have been later when IH went to a heavyer cylinder . SO their are two cylinders that will work on the angle blade. When you use the hyd angle you will like it

I have a 1951 farmall super h and a 50 super a
I also have a 1948 Jd g and a 1951 jd b I have
replaced twice as many parts on the farmals as
the Jds'. The farmalls break down more often than
my jds'

.....and your observations on post WWII farm equipment has exactly what to do with Cubs made in the 60's, 70's and early 80's ?????
thumbdown.gif

<font color="ff0000">THE SANDBOX </font>
Somewhere to post off topic and yak... Please, NO POLITICS, RELIGION, SMUT OR OTHER POTENTIALLY DIVISIVE POSTINGS. These posts will be deleted.

To put it another way - play nice...
biggrin.gif

Not a lawnmower question...LOL...Those of you with 147's and 149's...do you feel they shake or vibrate too much ? I'm thinking of putting steel spacers in place of the iso-mounts on my 1450 if the rubbers are not really necessary and use the money towards other improvements....Or is this not wise to skimp here ?

Lucas, I'm guessing you have two problems with your clutch. The jerking when you let out on the clutch is a broken teaser spring. The other problem sounds like a worn shaft. If the throwout bearing hangs on a rough shaft, it won't let the clutch release properly when you depress the clutch. Let us know what you find out.

Brendon, I've got a 149, it does shake more than my 72 but it's not bad. Others have done it usually for pulling, It would be cheaper, Do it and let us know what you think.

Search turned up nuthin. Anybody tried one of those Harbor Freight $49 tire changers? The one for tires up to 17" rim? They also have a small one for about the same price for small tires up to a 12" rim. Just wondering. Might be nice to be able to mount my own ags when I get them ordered. Nicer if the same tool would handle my pickup tires.

Latest posts

Back