• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 17, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John W., how about some more photos of your loader tractor and some photos of the weight bracket. I sure like the looks of that weight bracket.
thumbsup.gif

I really have to charge the camera and get some more pictures.
clown.gif
Here are a few until I get some more.
79650.jpg

79651.jpg

79652.jpg

I got the idea for the bracket from somebody else, but it still allows the use of the sleeve hitch, which I also made.

John, very nice.
thumbsup.gif
Do those weights say "Jinma"??? As in the Chinese brand tractor?
dunno.gif

"John, I think you need to get your kid a new pedal tractor... " Uh Oh! You weren't supposed to see the 'green' thing in the background! My grandson really has a hoot on that thing, once he figured out how to not hit trees and other things!
bouncy.gif

I picked up my "new" 100.

79657.jpg

Needs a few things that I'll take care of over time. Gonna try and move the rear wheels inside out today if it's not raining. Will the front wheels from a CCO take the bearings for 3/4" axles?

Keith

Cub Cadet #1 125 aka *Killer Kohler engine test stand* prep update: Saturday I was able to get another set screw out of the PTO that is on the old K301 that is in my #1 125, one more set screw to go. I believe the person that installed the PTO messed up the set screw when they installed it as it was already rounded out before I tried to fit an Allen wrench into it.
angry.gif
I'm hoping a screw extractor will work, it did on the one I got out on Saturday. I need a different size extractor for the last screw I'll get that tonight on my way home. If that works and I get the PTO off I'll then remove the old K301 and clean up the frame for mounting the Killer Kohler.
buttrock.gif

Well we finaly got around to the 129 and did some tearning the Cub down for Paint and new decails the i bought above.Spring will be here soon.lol
79665.jpg

Anyone know the average engine life for a Kohler Command 20HP twin horizontal?

Anyone know what would cause a Kohler to race. Picked up a 149 for the motor and rear end. The motor idles great, good compression, etc. After assembling the tractor, when the throttle goes to less than half, it sounds as if the engine is running over 10k rpm, or whatever speed, too fast. 25% throttle sounds like all other cubs I have heard. Don't have any fancy gadgets to measure rpm. Anyone seen this before?Thanks is advance.

Bob: Sounds like the governor's unhooked - possibly inside.

Bob...there is a tab inside sometimes breaks off, btdt. When you take the gov. linkage off try to spin the shaft that goes into the block, you can tell if it spins too far.

Frank yes i agree govener, are you ready for a visit from me and Kevin? 27th will come quick lol. later Don T
coffee.gif

Bob J.-

Something could be broken, but before tearing it all apart, try re-setting the governor arm by the procedure in the manual. It takes about 5 minutes to do this. I've had 4 or 5 do that, and this fixed them all.

Can anyone tell me if the small hole in the breather plate goes towards the top or bottom of the engine?
79669.jpg

79670.jpg

Sorry for the crummy pics, but bad pics are better than no pics.Thanks!

Todd - Here's a pic of Jessica Biel.
79674.jpg

"Sorry for the crummy pic, but bad pics are better than no pics."
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the responses concerning the 129 crankshaft. Looks like it's nodular iron. Before I do anything I'm going to talk to a very knowledgeable welder. If he says no go it's going to be step key time. The s/g pulley hub was also worn both egg shaped and also the keyway rolled over. I was going to weld it up but decided to make a replacement hub. The next step is to roll the flange over to lock it in place. We'll see how that goes.
That picture looks more like Doris Day than Jessica Biel. Marshall

Back