• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 16, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys talking about a 169 vibrating so bad is interesting to me. I use a 169,, 147, 127, original,and the 169 above a slow idle is as smooth as either tractor i have. Below about 1500 r p m it is pretty rough.I bought it used so it could have been rebuilt and (balanced?) befor i got it.Ser.#506737
Luther

Steve, thanks to you and all. Would even make sence if it was 1st or 2nd. I am thinking that Ken just needs to sit on the shifterI just don't use 3rd that much.

it sounds to me like the 782 has horsepower and the 169 has mulepower.

Actually my 1650 does smooth out when mowing and is pretty nice to drive. When I plow snow I drive the 1650 at a low idle and thats when you notice all the mentioned stuff. For super smooth you can not beat my 7264.

I would like to own a 169 someday to restore but thats one of many I would like to "redo".

Pops

I own a 169, a 1450, a 1650, a 782 with a M-18 engine, and a bunch of other Cubs, but NOTHING compares to driving the 169. It has a different feel, I don't know how to explain it except like raw power, you get the feeling you're driving a full size tractor. It's not my favorite mowing tractor but if you need power it's the one.

Isn't a 1650 basically a 169 with side covers on the engine? Is there any difference at all in the engines and/or transmissions?

I have just recently completely rebuilt my K341 and I have to say I'm amazed at how stout that thing is. I guess really all the old K series engines are like that. It's like rebuilding a mini small block chevy. Lots of stout, heavy parts. I can see why the K341 has so much torque- there is ALOT of HEAVY rotating mass there.

Jim T.-

The 1650 has ISO-mounts, the 169 does not. The 1650 has a stator to generate electricity instead of a starter/generator. The 1650 has a bendix-drive starter as well. Other than that, not really.

}My first post here, although I have been following/lurking here for some time now.

What I need to know is the length of the lower lift frame on a qa42a snow thrower. I bought one last fall at an auction, and there were no lift brackets/arms with it.

tia DRKelley

Can someone tell me how thick the material of one of these is?
79605.jpg

Dick K.
Glad to have ya.
Now which part are you referring to?
79607.jpg

Rob F.
I dunno about everyone else, but i don't know what that is. Can you give me a hint?

Luther,

My 169 was both overhauled and balanced (by a well known professional GT puller) and it had a high frenquency vibration at WOT that would eat things like hood hinges, headlight bulbs, etc. It was typically rough just off idle, like they all are, but it was the High Hz that really bothered me, it would make my hand hurt on the hydro lever if I mowed the whole lawn with it.

Richard,

Amen, if you want raw stump pulling power the K-341 gets it done!!!!

Still working on my 169's K341. The crank was cleaned up by a local machine shop that told me a standard rod would work. When I hooked it up, it was very loose. I borrowed a mic from a friend and spent some time learning how to use it. The crank miked out at 1.4973, 1.4972, and 1.4978 at 3 places on the crank. The only U/S rod available is .010. According to the specs,max wear is 1.4990, but is this for a std rod? According to my math, I need to get it turned down to 1.4900 and use a .010 U/S rod. Am I thinking right or should I call Brian Miller or Kirks?

I seen a Cub sitting on some abandoned property, no model # on the side anymore and I didn't have enough time to look at the ser. #. I did notice the top stripe on the hood is green. Which models have green stripe ? Thanks

David Gallagher (Dgallagher) i half to ask,if you bolted the rod together and installed an insert like the pulling engines use. that be cheaper than reboring the cylinder. just my .02

Brendan B.
For your future reference.
Here is the "code" for the stripes;
86 gold/yellow stripe
108,109 green stripe
128,129 red stripe
149,169 blue stripe

Thanks Matt, forgot to mention it is a gear drive so it's a 108. It's funny cause the property and mobile home is trashed but the Cub is real Nice. Sits outside now but it looks like it's been inside all it's life. I'm tryin to find out who owns the property now, there's a realtor's sign in the yard.

Charlie...thanks, I'll add that to my Cub Hunting Notebook.
thumbsup.gif

Latest posts

Back