• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through February 15, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sent some pics to Kraig and hopefully he can put'em up for me / us.. I spent about 6 hours tossin' snow here in So'eastern Mass. Most of our 3 foot fence is gone.. buried under a snow pile! I got stuck once and had to pull myself back with the come-along and chain.

Temps are down close to single digits and only reinforces the thought that I need to get the windbreaker installed. And soon!

Here are Mike's photos:

294379.jpg

294380.jpg

294381.jpg

294382.jpg

294383.jpg

Rick B - That made me laugh! (I happen to be watching the SNL 40th Anniversary, so it cracked me up.)

Matt... I echo the sentiments of others - good to see you haven't flown the coop entirely.. (although maybe you've designed a flying coop by now??)

294386.jpg

Matt G. Thank you for correcting me about the long spring. that one is somewhat a PITA unless one has installed them before. both of our 1650s (1977 & 1980) have the long spring. Good to see you posting again.

Marlin,. Copy on the PITA spring!!
I found out the hard way last spring when I split the 1450 for cork gasket replacement. Made a tool from a long piece of very stiff #9 wire with a hook on one end and a loop on the other to hang onto in order to stretch it.

The shorter #932-3015 like on the gear drives is MUCH easier to deal with! Just replaced one yesterday for a fellow here in town that brought his 1200 by to install a 3-point set-up. He has contracted a severe case of the fever and is itchin' to plow somewhere this spring when I told him he could use one of my plows.

On another note, I have decided the 126 w/creeper will be a tiller/thrower and cultivator rig. Gotta find some skinny rear tires though to keep the width down to get between the garden rows.

Keep warm everyone, gonna be a cold one here in Eastern Iowa, but at least we are not buried. My heart goes out to all you folks out east. Sure glad I'm not out there w/the big rig anymore! BTDT too many winters!

Latest posts

Back