• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 15, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aschumacher

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Allen Schumacher
Charlie, I saw that chain saw too and wondered what it was connected to. Something under the S/G some how. Seems that company is long gone, saw a minor reference to it dating 1959. Its almost as neat as the cone log splitter that fits a Cub wheel !
thumbsup_old.gif

Lewis,
The the dies to make the metal backers and to insert the lens are up and running. Same fella that is making the repros.
If you have lenses he would probably insert them in new backers- contact me.

Hi all! Long time, no see.

It's supposed to snow here tomorrow, so...I had to make sure this thing still worked
lol.gif

294351.jpg

I bought a 104 today and you move gear shifter into all 4 gears but the rear end will not move at all. its like the rearend is locked up. anyone have any ideas as to whats wrong?

FWIW any Original regulator I've seen Not tucked on the front of the battery box has been moved there by a P.O.
I never figured out why someone would want to move it outside of a custom-battery-butch-job
happy.gif

David C
I have a 70 that wouldn't move either, even with no engine or clutch ! Turns out there was enough water in the bottom of da rear to set up solid here in da frozen nort' to lock the ring gear up solid 'till da march thaw.
However there's a good chance your spirol pin is sheared at the coupling to the clutch shaft. Peek through the creeper slot if u can to see if the shaft is spinning.
Under edit: don't worry about da rear end ice down there south of da Mason-Dixon Line!
Pretty sure u got a clutch problem though.

Hey Matt,
Good to see you're still alive and kicking!
err.gif
Are all your cubs still at the home place or do ya have them out with you now? I'm assuming out with you since your folks prolly have some white stuff already. Good to see ya posting!

Matt what Josh said x2

Is your dad using the 364 blower still?

Matt G.-

Good to see you post again.

Got any glider stories?

Cub 1450 brake return spring question. So I was out plowing snow up here in Massachusetts today and I stepped on the brake and the pedal stayed down. I'm assuming it's the brake return spring. Anybody got some pics and tips on fixing this? I'm having a tough week with snow removal equipment. I snapped the camshaft on my 45 year old Ariens snowblower this week, so I gotta sort this out quick. This winter is killing my arsenal of snow removal equipment. Thanks for the help.
Jack

Jack, if you remove the tunnel cover you should see something like this:

294367.jpg

Note the spring in the center bottom of the photo. Also, this one was in process of being refurbished thus the shiny paint and absence of the drive shaft. Photo taken by Chris Bennett of his 1450.

Jack W. It sounds like you've broke part # 13. It is a three inch long spring. I'd try a local hardward store and find one close and make it fit. It is the same spring should you have the internal break system.

294370.gif

Jack-

Depending on the serial number of your 1450, it will use either that short spring, or a much longer one that is harder to install. If I remember correctly, the later ones, probably those with internal brakes, had the long spring on the left side of the frame. If that tab in Kraig's picture is absent, it probably uses the long spring.

Josh/Jeff/Wayne-

Just the 782 is here with me. I bought a house at the beginning of the year, and the first thing into the truck from home was the 782
happy.gif
Someday the 582, loader, 782D, and my original will probably migrate down here, but it's not a high priority at the moment.

My Dad is still using most of my other tractors, although mostly the 1872 and 364 snowblower in the winter. He loves that thing.

I will have to start a 'why no one's heard from me in years' thread in the sandbox at some point.

Matt - I second what the others said: It's good to see you back on the forum after a long absence. I'll be watching the sandbox for your post - I'm sure it'll be interesting.

Most of us take vacations from the Cub world.
When I found myself living in a camper down by the river between jobs.....

Brake spring
My tractor was built in July of 1975. I will post the serial # tomorrow and take a look at it in the morning. Is the spring accessible from the cover in front of the seat between your feet?

Jack, yes. We refer to that cover as the tunnel cover.

Matt,
WELCOME.gif
<blink>BACK!</blink>

Here's a post from the archives regarding the two variants of the return spring on the Quiet Line Series:

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

By Richard Christensen, Arizona is Hot but its a Dry Heat (Rchristensen) on Sunday, May 30, 2004 - 04:25 pm:

Keith
Early Quietlines still had the tab welded on right side for the short spring.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

294372.jpg

Later Quietlines had it on left side. Here is spring hook up on front clevis, this one hooked on right side of clevis, I normally hook on the left side of clevis, probably doesn't matter though, still get a good connection.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

294373.jpg

Rear of spring hooks up to bracket holding transmission.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

294374.jpg

Thanks for the help on the brake spring. I'll check it out in the morning and see what I got. Hopefully the pieces are still hanging on it.
I'm sure you can relate to my temporary fix...I had to use a Bungee Cord from the pedal to the steering wheel column to get my snow plowing done...The only thing missing was the Duct Tape !!!

Latest posts

Back