• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 14, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kweaver

displayname
KENtuckyKEN
Mc wrong slash , wrong location ... I thought I taught you better !

51644.gif

Hammer Down!

Ahh I have slept a little since then and fighting that snow this AM was quite the pain and at the moment dont have a CC at the house to play with but dear lord do I have the snow. Gotta get one from the outback up and running to play with.

Two feet of snow in my driveway finally gave the blower a workout. No fuss, no muss - threw that stuff a mile. Built up a great hill for my kids to tunnel into. All in all, a proper Michigan snow storm.

Mcgiver, can you make those photos a little bigger please? The posting size limit has been increased to 100KB.
happy.gif

It sure is, dang that was long time ago. Whew allot of watter under the bridge since then.

Craig E - you must be in one of the snow belts.. We got about 4-5 inches here (north of East Lansing).
Charlie: Great to see another sponsor link at the top of the page !!!!
General question... The 129/QA42A combo gets about 6-8 feet of loft maximum running through 4-6 inch hard powder. That's running at full throttle and running it at the pace that loads the engine to what I'd call maximum output (any faster and it'll load down enough that the loft starts getting shorter. I know that the QA36 would throw about twice as far, but obviously with the narrower width, you could run faster-and the driven pulley on the thrower could have been smaller- without loading down the engine(makes sense, I think).
Anyway - any comments on what most 12 hp/QA42 combos get for loft distance??
51653.jpg

jim.c, relax your share is on the way. we got a foot here, marlow n.h. and there's no let up. i must be about a 100 miles from you. if you want you can have my share. lol tom b

Ken: I'm in, roughly, Port Huron, MI. It was just drifting mostly but my driveway runs east-west so it always fills to the brim when we have a north wind...which is like, always. Had a ball blowing it out, though. That old 782's Series I motor is still pretty tough. I can fill the QA42 to overthetop and it'll hog it out. Where's that little icon with the "rock-on, dude" look?

here it is..
buttrock.gif

Yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about.

Kendell, I've never measured, but here's a couple of my 12hp Cub Cadet 125 with a QA42. I have two short video clips (mpg files) taken during the same snow removal session (March 2001) as the upper photo, they are about 1.4mb each. Too bad I can't post videos...... I'll email them to anyone that would like to see them. Or perhaps someone can post them somewhere for downloading.
dunno.gif

51657.jpg

51658.jpg

kraig: i read that there but the only problem is my headlights werent on when it blew.... maybe to much vibration?

Well, I woke up to no power, no school, and about 1" of ice on EVERYTHING. My cub was frozen, my trees were and still are frozen, and so is my neighbor's truck. Tree limbs comin down like artillery fire, and so are huge chunks of ice. I got my cub warmed up and scraped up the ice like I mentioned yesterday... still didn't need chains, I am so surprised... usually AG's cant match to turfs/chains... oh well, I can't complain.

Jeff B man, WTH happened to the pics of your exhaust extensions? e-mail em to me if you want, (it is in my profile...)

Jeff B., yes vibration will certainly kill a light bulb. It would still be a good idea to check your voltage. I'll send the files to both you and to Lee, thank you to both for the offers to post.
beerchug.gif

kraig! Now the lights work! Has to be a short! Glen hold on, im going back outside right now to get some pics for ya lol

Jeff, that'll do it too! Best wishes finding that intermittent connection, with any luck you won't be spending all afternoon doing this:
bash.gif

Back