Archive through February 12, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Kraig,
283597.jpg

Vince, on the right side of the tower, where the operating handle comes through. If you don't have a double stick hydro lift, there is a bushing, held in by a snap ring on the inside, to take up the space where the second handle lives w/a double stick.

The guys that offer these upgrades, most w/o ported pumps I might add, never include that bushing, or in many cases, the lift arm that takes the place of the manual lift assembly either.

That was the case w/the one I got locally. I had to source all three of these parts to complete the installation on my 1250 which is my sons main blade tractor this winter.

The bushings are NLA so I had some made up, if you need one.

Frank C. said, "it's hard to say something when there's not much to say."

FRANK - That never stops ANY of the rest of us. Go for IT! ;-)

well I did get at my 125 today. I installed the seat support and primed the fenders on my 125.

283607.jpg

I can feel spring coming! All this new sheet metal, priming,painting, mods, upgrades... Cub season is upon us!

Now I just $200 extra dollars to by a local parts OT 1872 so I can make my hydro assisted 128.

I've got a topic over I the better than new area that will prime the pump a bit more.

Charlie P. I like those!!! Will they have the round bushing like OEM? Last fall while looking in the garage attic I cam across a 125 hood that I bought off fleabay years back. I noticed it had the six sided hex like the 1x6/7 series hoods have instead of the round bushing.

Here I am in my more than usual pissy mood, so here it comes!

It really amazes me at the blasé nonchalant attitude that everyone has on this forum!

I or anyone for that matter, post a pic of something that's never been offered before, and there's 2 damn comments about it.

But let someone post a pic of something trivial and off topic and the board lights up like a damn Christmas tree for 3 days!

It's no wonder that no one comes up with anything new or improved for these Cubs that everyone supposedly loves so freakin much!

I know for a fact that there's 10 more guys like Aaron out there that would love to produce something no one has done before, but probably know more than I that it wouldn't mean a damn thing and they probably have the attitude, WHAT'S THE POINT!!!

If you had a clue on what it takes to reproduce products like those hoods and other parts and pieces, everyone might appreciate the efforts that others put into them, and would spend 30 seconds of your time to comment on them and let the guys that do this kind of work, that's it's appreciated(even if you don't buy one), and they would continue the tradition.

Or is it that we as a community just don't care anymore or what?

I would really like to know. (feel free to email me)

Maybe it's just because we are a bunch of snobs like they say on other forums and that's the way things are.

If they are right and we are what they say we are, I personally think it's time to disband and crawl under some rock or snowbank and forget the whole deal!

Normally when someone gets done venting, they say, "I'll get off my soapbox now".

BUT, I'll not end it with that statement, as I really don't think this is over by a long shot!
bash.gif

I thought it might make me feel better to vent a little. But I know down deep, it's means nothing to anyone but me, and so it goes!!!!!

And as usual, I'm sure the post count will go down for a few days, emails with be flying back and forth saying he's rambling and making threats again, but I'm thinking those days are pretty close to being over for me!

I asked to be emailed!

"Charlie, it's being a long, cold, miserable winter. You've been through a lot, but dammit, so have others - and lived to tell about it. You showed us last Fall that you could shut the Forum down if you wanted to, and did. It showed me how fast and easily the rug could be pulled out from under me. **** or get off the pot. We'll miss the habit of coming to this little piece of cyberspace, but we'll get over it."

Dang cabin fever, normally yellow fever helps relive it.

sounds like some IH cub cadet 169 seat time for me due to drifts in the drive way.

Charlie I think you covered this once before, I believe that is the same gauge steel and just the normal prep prime paint for the hoods.

Charlie, I hear everything your saying. I'm online on this site every day from 8am till 1am lurking mostly because I've only got one cub and its decked out not needing anything else at the moment. I've tried to discuss some topics before and maybe its because I'm new and don't know what I'm talking about the forum goes dead for a day. There is only maybe 15-20 people that frequently post all the time and I would say really know their **** about cubs. That said, I would like to see a new topic for those guys out there making parts as good as OEM or better a place to show their stuff that won't get lost on the main page before some of us even see it. We could call it REPRO PARTS as good or better than OEM. And will somebody make some cheap QL mufflers... Took me a while to post this, I don't like showing my stupidity. Flame away I can take it...}

i have learned a lot from this website and i see some really nice work in the creation of those hoods. however (i will get deleted for saying this) it is childish to close the forum just because you dont get a response about the hoods.

hell i come to this site multiple times a day to just read i post on occasion aswell. just trying to give back to one of the forums i haved learned a lot from. I do not feel like i should be obligated to post a response to every post that has been made especially if it depends upon who posted it

i have followed a few things on this board and especially the entire fire issue but there has been not much on updates from that either.
i guess the point is if someone closes a board due to a lack of comments on their post then there may be alternatives to finding information

i have to agree with the email that was sent to you "**** or get off the pot"

I picked up this 67 123 yesterday at 5:30 pm, $175. It appears to have had the engine replaced. It has a Walbro carb. The plug is out of the bottom of the steering box and the steering wheel raises about 1-1/2" when I turned the wheel. 1 tire goes flat. It was repainted years ago. It has a tiller angle drive on the rear, removed sn 205577. No decals and missing the grill and head light blank.
283624.jpg

283625.jpg

Man I go to Case IH training on the new Magnum tractors for a week and come back to this! I really like the hood, however really need it to be for the 70 and 100's! I saw the picture mid week, and emailed Aaron if he had one for the 70/100 yet.

I think I really could justify getting a new repro hood for a project if it had to be perfect - I know I just about have that price (time, money & paid labor) into fixing a 50 year old one!

Charlie I enjoy the site, but again just am a part of it by visiting and posting - I don't deal with everything behind the scenes nor do I think I want that pain. I understand!

Charlie

Aaron does great in what ever he attempts and from talking to him on the phone, I know he is a great guy and talented. Funny thing I found this site back before I bought my first Cub a 129 . I` am not sorry I bought it or any of the other Cubs I own. I look and read on this site every day since and I do Thank you and appreciate the efforts you make and others to make this site what it is. I don`t agree that we are a bunch of snobs !!! ask a question and well someone that knows and IS not guessing will answer it. What more could anyone ask for ???? I for one have posted many pictures to help Cub guys or Galls out if I can . But I will only answer a question that I can based on the Cubs that I have here. I do know how to take them apart and put them back together and work them. My 61 Original will be the only Cub that I will make as perfect as I can ; the rest I will make as reliable as I can for workers . This winter sure feels long here we got a few inches of snow then rain and then freezing rain and now back to snow for a foot they say . working on my Cubs help me keep sane as I can this time of year. Oh and remember when you call , I` am 2 hrs ahead lol. Hell call again anytime and vent I don`t mind , the wife can snore again as soon as I hang up lol.

Ed lincoln if it runs i would say you got a deal i have 8 an only 2hydros the are growing on me useing a 123 as plow tractor this year and it is nice to not have to deal with a clutch when pushing snow

Here is my 30 seconds.
The hoods are awesome, Aaron is a metal fab stud, and I have more than a clue what it takes to make a hood.
I do not sit at my keyboard all day waiting for the next post, I am raising 2 kids in activities and work 10 hours a day with a 2 hour drive. Cubs are my eccentric diversion and stress reliever. They are pretty much shelved for the winter as I am building up my Duramax, yep another hobby too.
I don't need a this Forum or community to satisfy this need.
BUT, It is truly nice to have like minded and knowledgeable people gathered to share stories and experiences.

Don't care?? Get out of your snow bank Chuck, I care, we care. I've met more caring people messing with these little tractors than I can remember. I sell this hobby every day, in a positive light. My kids and their friends get tractor rides and do yard work. They get drug on parts chasing adventures to all corners of the country. The real heros and experts in this hobby have never been on a computer. They are out there on the gravel roads, and totally unconcerned that some grumpy person in the pine trees is upset because not enough comments were posted about some new tin.

You seem miserable doing this. I don't do anything that consistently makes me miserable. I'm not sure what anyone here can do to fix that.

Charlie, I appreciate those new hoods! Those look great! I'm telling everyone that I'm true to IH Cub Cadet, and would miss this forum. I believe I been here since 2008. IH Cub Cadet forum was my first forum, and my longest membership. But, I have had it right up to eye-level with those other forum-folks, and will be hard not to go back but to pm Dale.

My reason I don't post much, is because I don't know a whole awful-lot about these tractors. And I'm learning how to keep my trap shut. I manage to keep my 1x2/3 and 1x4/5 series running good with the help of the members of this forum. I true-blue, and delight in all matter specific to this section particularly. Here, I don't need to worry about a post count, or how much money, or how big my house is, and if I measure up or not, or feeling like I'm not in the little "clicks", and rather on the bottom of a huge pile-on.

I really enjoy the hydro v. gear debate, and don't take it personally either way! Its funny to hear Harry come out and give the what-for, and then Tom fire right back, lol! Dennis and others have been quite helpful to me, with knowledge I would trust to consider. What matters most to me, being every bit die-hard as you when it comes to IH Cub Cadets, is the noticeable professionalism experienced here, and understanding for the group members. I'm tired of those free-for-all forum groups. I like it here. I tend to keep it shut, which is a personal character defect of me that I'm working on.

Well, if the plug gets pulled, it sure was a pleasure to be a member here! I'll post back after a while later.

John

Latest posts

Back