• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 10, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What size bolts hold the seat mount on on a 100 I think I got one that’s stripped out and I need to get a tap. Thanks.

2/8/98 20 years Thank you Charlie/Kraig
ihrotate.gif

Earl F. and EVERYONE..... I finally read a little on here and immediately noticed your post. AFTER experiencing a Fatality at work..... I feel strongly compelled to speak up on SAFETY.... NOW ... you said the driver veered off the main road and hit you.... I'm seriously picking up a very distracted or drunk driver.... In THAT case NO amount of lighting will prevent what happened. I would look into a good rotating bright ORANGE/YELLOW light placed high. Having regular lights helps and since we can't use the high intensity red/blue flashing lights that the DOT and law enforcement use ...even then if someone is distracted , high on drugs or DUI... one is still screwed.

If your driver kept going.... again I'm going with either high or DUI and didn't realize what happened. Wearing all the bright colored clothing and best lights then mean nothing. I'll say prayers for a quick recovery.

Update on myself for everyone.... I'm working a lot of overtime so I haven't had much time to work on the house. My oldest son and his wife are taking possession of the Cubs and equipment. Eventually after all is finished my children and grand kids will have the collection. My grandson is fast becoming the next generation. We're planning on attending Spring Plow Day at Rockford if the date agrees with their schedules. Justin, Vanessa and Austin will each have a Cub Cadet to plow with and if time allows I am bringing the Pow'r Pup and plow.

It's been an interesting journey so far and I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. Angel and I are talking and discussing future plans. I've five outside garage kitties that showed up and believe it or not are watching over the Cub Cadets for me. There will never be another Fancy. He was truly one of a kind. Angel has his ashes.

I won't be posting much because a LOT is still going on here. Just want to wish everyone well and be alert when moving snow or working with the Cubbies. 99.9% of the time it isn't the one on the tractor that is at fault.

Mike F., I would be very interested in getting this K341 Kohler piston weight from you. Grams are the preferred units.

I'll work on that this week!

Marlin, great to see your name "pop" up. It's good to hear your still on the right side of the grass and your gonna do a plow day with the kids. write when you can.

Marlin, great to see you post!
wave.gif

Regarding lights I have an amber strobe light and a high mounted red tail light on the windbreaker cab I use on my #2 125. The strobe was installed by the previous owner, a large corporation in St. Paul, MN. I added the red tail light. They had also added the extra set of stalk mounted head lights. So it has 4, 35 watt head lights, one tail light and a strobe light.

319417.jpg

319418.jpg

319419.jpg

319420.jpg

319421.jpg

Jim C., my records show March 5, 1998 as the start of the forum.
1a_scratchhead.gif

From my archives:

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Cub Cadet general information

Well, I'll be the first to welcome all of you Cub Cadet enthusiasts. I hope you all have a fun time here and let us know what is on your mind. I have lined up a couple of guys who are quite knowledgeable in the Cub Cadet world to answer questions for us. An old IH parts guy has been a wealth of info and we'll try to answer questions and pose a few of our own along the way. We do not claim to be a complete storehouse of knowledge but rather would like to serve as a clearing house for information, sources of old Cub Cadets for those wanting to get one, new and used parts sources, reproduction parts,and restoration resources.

If you haven't already, visit http://www.cybernet1.com/oldiron/cubcadet.htm <!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Followed by post #2:

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Brad Boyd - 10:26pm Mar 5, 1998 EST (#2 of 797) <BR>

Hey Bob, You 'll probably see a lot of familiar names from Bill Marrison's pulling forum. Does anyone make aftermarket decal sets? What color white is a good sub to use that is made by Sherwinn-Williams? I'm building a stock puller 1968 model 124. Good Day.B.B.<P><!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

<font size="-1">Now, it's possible that Bob posted that welcome on February 8, 1998, but I don't have any proof one way or the other.
dunno.gif
Do you have records showing the February date?</font>

Glad see you post Marlin! I have some small LED off road kind of lights that were not mounted well up front, nothing but the reflectors out back. I was perpendicular to the road, over my culvert waiting to finish the last bit. I'm not getting into anything else on this, not the place. But I would have had to have been in the house to avoid this incident.
I like Kraig's light stalks, and it's nice to know it's not going to hurt my electric system to run that much. I'll be coming up with my own version I think like Kraig has there. Been poking around coming up with ideas

I would be happy to see if anyone else has a light setup different from the stock headlight panel and rear Grote light.

Earl thinking on the lights, there was a 149 over in Johnsburg that had a small, yellow rotating beacon light on a post that was a few feet tall, attached to the back fender (kind of similar to the light posts guys use on small fishing boats). I think the tractor is gone now (and not that it would make a difference in your case) but maybe another idea.
I looked at that 100 at Tom's house before you got it....I bought a set of wheel weights from him. Met another guy from this board there too (from Woodstock) but I can't recall his name now.

Latest posts

Back