• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 09, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave nailed it below!

K341 is a draft horse and lugs and pulls like a late freight....BUT, pay up your dental insurance, because you won't have any fillings left after a day in the seat.

I had Don Vogt (pulling engine builder) balance a K341 (sent him entire rotating assembly), and while it helped, it was still a headlight and hood hinge killer...replaced it with a Mag 18 and Mag 20 in 82 series machines and never looked back.....that said, I actually passed a 1450 plowing uphill at Travis's one year in my 169......can't beat that for snort!

Dave,

Got "neutral balance" from Mike. Maybe another term for it is "static balance"?

I got the static balance thing from a website called www.gardentractorpulling.com along with the bearing insert.

Mike, I think if you dynamically balance with the PTO clutch; you wouldn't be able to engage the PTO because it can free wheel independently from the rest of the assembly and once disengaged; if it doesn't land exactly in the same position when it was balanced the balance will be off. Everything must stay at the same position. Teeth of the clutch material must go exactly in the same position on the basket/pulley and the rest of the clutch would need to be re-installed in the same position as well as the eccentric bearing lock.

Charlie must have a bunch of Kohler pistons, pins, clips, rods in stock. Maybe he can weight some and report to us his findings!?
happy.gif

Jim S.
If you talking about me weighing in on anything Dave K. Your SOL man! LOL
I read it twice and still have no idea WTH he said.
biggrin.gif
1a_scratchhead.gif

Thankyou David Kirk, certainly this info you provided, help me to understand balance characteristics.I would have never thought that a thicker walled piston pin would be doing more damage than good. Changing what Kohler established for it's reciprocating mass.

Great discussion! I apparently confused the issue with a half thought dancing around my head, Internal balance = neutral balance.

The counterweights essentially equal the bob-weight of the opposing side of the crankshaft. Internally balanced cranks don't need to be balanced with the flywheel because the counterweights do all the balancing. The flywheel can be balanced on their own separately from the rest of the rotating assembly. I've been mulling over the idea of including the flywheel in the mix of components in an attempt to make the harmonics /vibes even better.

I still have the piston assembly from the motor and can disassemble / clean and weigh them at work in the lab. Measurement will be in grams. Mr. Kirk, would you want the piston weight with the rings? Or without??

Charlie,
Jackson sends a big thank-you!
greenthumb.gif

Hummmmm..... Like father like son I guess.
clappy.gif
err.gif
facepalm.gif
roflol.gif

319395.jpg

Hello everyone
Can someone tell me how high the plow should raise on a 1650? Thanks

Ed,

I would say 3-4 inches.

This is the only picture I have handy, and it's not the best. This is in the raised position... If you want, I can go move a couple things and get a better picture with a tape measure.....

319404.jpg

Latest posts

Back