Archive through February 09, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
does anybody know if you can make or buy an adapter that would fit a wide frame snowblower on a narrow fram like a 72 cub

Kraig,
From those photos of the head, it looks like he filled in half the combustion chamber also.

Without breaking rules and posting a direct link, I happened across a Cub Cadet 70 on the famous on line auction site that has a 3 cylinder Yanmar diesel in it. What people won't do with tooooooo much time on their hands. Not sure I'd like having to carry a fire extinguisher around all the time. Oh well, Nick
beerchug.gif

Is there a part number for a starter rebuild kit for a K241 on my 100? I do not see it in the parts look up.

Tom Smoker, If you look closley you'll see that its the same size. All the soot has just been polished off around the piston. I thought the same thing at first too.

Question,
I have a 122 w a 48" mower deck. Anyone know if there are mulching blades that will fit?
A concern is the clearance between the top of the blade and the curved shrouds that follow the arcs of each of the three blades.

Thank you.
Peter

I pretty much remember that he "stole" that tractor too! He should have felt bad for that one. Someone just didn't know what they had.

Jerry, yep Bob stole that 149 and tiller!

114536.jpg

Here's Bob "The Rev" Necker

114537.jpg

114538.jpg

PETER - Best shot at Mulching blades for Your 48" deck is to measure each blade for length, width, thickness, and mounting hole diameter and do a search on "GATOR BLADES" and see if they offer anything that fits. I'm not familar with the various 48" decks to know if they all have three identicle blades on them like the 44" & 50" decks. I know Gator doesn't make blades to fit the 38" & 42" 3-blade decks because the center blades are one length and the outer blades are a shorter but same length for each size deck. I'm not sure if they make a blade for the timed 38" two-blade decks.
An e-mail to some of the sponsors identified by the colorful boxes above this forum would get You availability, price, and delivery info I'm sure.

Douglas S,

If you have or are looking at an IH QA-36A or QA-42A snow thrower, the mounting brackets are adjustable and will fit both narrow frames and wide frames alike.

Just a few more parts to clean and get ready for paint. washed the loader frame with degreaser this morning and have a few small parts to prime yet but mostly getting it done.
114541.jpg

DON - Are We going to see "Yellow Fingers" today?
err.gif
What's Your plans for colors to paint the loader & tractor? Years ago when I painted My 129 the Internet didn't exist yet and I couldn't find an IH Buyers Guide with any WF CC's in it and I missed on the colors of a couple parts like the tunnel cover & steering console. But It looked O-K with those parts yellow.

Well i just primed a few
114557.jpg

But this dash needs some fiberglass repair(po had some kind of hood latch here)
114558.jpg

114562.jpg

And i`am not sure how to fix these bolt holes! Just needs to be repaired yet.
114563.jpg

DON - I think the same Guy owned YOUR 129 that owned Mine! I used a repair kit for fiberglass boats to repair My fiberglass cowl. It came in a can about the size of a quart paint can. Had the epoxy, hardener, & fiberglass cloth to build it all back up like new. My cowl was missing BIG pieces, the hood was held down with two rubber tarp straps pulling it BACk that ate big holes into it.
My 129 had a flywheel that was missing 4-5 of the cooling blower fins in a row so vibrated very bad. The steering console shook so bad the metal fatigued where Your one hole is egg-shaped. I made two pieces from thicker steel and had My Dad copper-braze it onto both sides of the console to reinforce where the console bolted to the frame. Arc welding causes steel to get hard next to the weld bead which makes it more prone to cracking so that's the reason for brazing. The repair was still holding fine ten yrs later when I sold the tractor.

I hope these suggestions help give You some repair ideas. More Questions just ask.

Don T,
My 149 had the same cracks, as well as some up at the top. As for the holes, I just welded up w/ a copper spoon behind it, and re-drilled the holes out. My dash is in the same shape as yours, and will be talked soon here on NY cow country...

Don T.
fixed pedestal
114577.jpg

dash
114578.jpg

Scott Tanner... The 149 has a 107 playmate now.... (Stanner) well you got me on cooper spooning??

Denis F I`am the 3 owner of the 129 and i will have to repair what the po did. But the pay back is a good deal. This Cub will be used and enjoyed
by me.

I must say thanks to all for your help in making my Cubs great.
Later Don T
old.gif

DON - What Scott's talking about, when welding thin steel You put a piece of thick copper behind where Your welding to draw heat away from the weld and freeze the metal as opposed to blowing holes thru it. Steel weld metal won't stick to copper, Well, it will a little but is easy to get off after it cools.
Copper works best but I've used brass before. RICHARD C. bought a kit of CARBON plugs that He should be able to report about soon....(hint-hint!)

DON - I'm sure others are like Me, and admire Your industrious work on all Your Cubbies, and all the photo updates!

Latest posts

Back