• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 09, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
on a side note is there a cubber anywhere in port huron Mi in here?i v e got some parcels comin but the shipper doesnt want to ship cross border was wonderin if i could have them shipped close to the port huron border.the snows falling here better get the 104 warmed up (hyd lift is slow at this cold temp. !!!)

Glen C.
I wonder if the butterfly hood causes any issues regarding refueling, since the gas cap is right under the center of the hood. I imagine you would need at least a somewhat flexible funnel to accomplish this task. Other than that, it looks good, and I'm looking forward to pictures. Better get her ready for snow, looks like we might be getting a dumping come Tuesday.

Gotta go out into the cold garage and do a bit of adjustment to the 129 PTO before it snows. I had it apart last weekend to check it out and to install a new bronze button on the control lever, and it won't quite release when I tested her out with the QA-42A on what little snow that drifted earlier in the week. I made a gauge from the pattern that Charlie posted in the Wantin and Lookin section, so I will give it a try.

Later it is off to the Motorcycle Show to look, dream, and maybe find a bit of gear
clappy.gif

Thanks for the compliments on my hood, it took four days, and a lot of angry decisions, but it turned out really nice. Bruce, I really hope we get a dumpin tues. I want to see what she can really do. I also took into consideration the fuel issue, and I had a solution, but it is easier said than done, buy/ redo a gas tank that fits the mounts, and put the filler neck on the right side(on tractor), but for now, I have one of those fancy flexi gas pump thingies.

GregP: The long number is an IH kind/code/serial number and is normal but what you show is not exactly correct. It breaks down as follows:

S = Incorrect. Likely is is a zero (0) as in 0035
035 = Lawn Tractor (should be 0035)
0026 = Model 282
4 = Incorrrect. It should be and is likely the letter U
046871 = the one-up serial number (if accurate). The serial number you show was issued by IH (not CCC) in 1980.

No matter what the dealer tells you, IH said it's a 36 inch cut deck. You measure the extremes of the blade(s) - <u>not</u> the width of the deck shell!

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Well I knew this was gonna happen. I had to get rid of the center tab that holds the hood to the casting in the front to compensate for the hinge, but I still need that support/attatchment piont... What Can I do???

Charlie, because we all know that I'm an idiot, just what exactly is "The Stuff"???
confused.gif
screwloose.gif

Glen C,
I don't have a wide frame hood sitting in front of me right now, but are you talking about a tab on the hood that attaches in the center? If so, could you just mount it to the fixed portion of the hood, and let it be unattached to the side that you raise? You may need to trim your piano hinge.

Hugh,

You have to plow deeper than 4" for 3rd gear plowing to count.......

Glen - Can you drill / tap a couple of holes in the grille frame and bolt on a Y support to straddle the hinge or 2 L's.
If you try to modify the old gas tank just remember that gas tanks don't like sparks or flames !

Back