Archive through February 08, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill J,
I live half way between Boston and Cape Cod. I could not tell you how much snow I received because of the blowing and drifting. I have a parking area off the main entry of the driveway which is over 300 feet long. The snow drifts started half way up the windshields of two of the cars and went across the main driveway. Unlike the last three winters, I only have a plow this year when I had a second tractor with a snow thrower on it those years. My brother felt is needed to be kept at my mom’s house this winter and not be used.
Let’s just say that when trying to clear a drift higher than the tractor one must use caution to not have the pile come down and bury the wheels and get stuck. Did that once today!
After many hours today I decided to stop and wait until the winds die down. Those original drifts started filling themselves back in when I was working at the other end of the driveway. There is too much snow and I have to push it side to side.
Tomorrow is supposed to be less windy and a little warmer also. I will finish then.
Rich

Harry here is the 108 we talked about the other day

253440.jpg

Charlie,
Damn! I guess I've been in the dark <font size="-2">(or smarter than I think)</font> since 1995.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Tom and Eliza-
I'd like to add the following info from your tractors to my existing data. Please email the following info:
Tractor serial Number
Engine Serial Number
Engine Spec Number
Count of the cooling fins on cylinder

Thanks!

Jeff - when I first saw Toms serial number I thought he STOLE my 169. His is 523670 and mine is 523760, and by the way my son's is 523763. We were even thinking his may have been the next 169 after mine since these are "build" numbers not in order of the tractor model. I'd have to think there could certainly be 2 other models built in between.
Now, that 108 must be held in place with a skyhook or something. And what ever unit you got on top of it must be teetering alot - better get'm strapped together.

Tom - just in case you still didn't see it, there is a heading at the top of the Forum FAQ page that says the following:
"Question not answered here? Check out Charlie's FAQ at cubfaq.com"

well.....3rd day off cuz of snow. thinkin i mite try n coax the 169 back to life maybe play in the snow as i now have the day free......i think.....:D

Eliza's post (yesterday) brings up a question I've been pondering. Is my garden tractor a male or female? If it were a car I'd have no hesitation in saying "her" but maybe because I'm a "him"
1a_scratchhead.gif

Also as I'm getting stuck into my repairs is working on the hydro working on his/her heart or ham?
253465.jpg

Hydro drives are a She and gear drive is a He

Harry both are secured standing upright to save room, the top one is a 149 oem parts unit and the other the 108. And neither has leaked a drop from the rearend in this position.

Art once Tom and Eliza send you thier 169 numbers will you repost here the updated info list or send in email to me.

of course shes a she......what else will flip you off one day n snuggle the next??????

Latest posts

Back