• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 07, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark, look at the button highlighted with the red oval in the image below, then scroll to the top of the page and click the "Cub Cadet Parts Lookup" button, your web browser should then open a new page at the Cub Cadet Parts Lookup.

185158.jpg

Chip S. on the electric lift I put heater motor brushes in my lift several years ago. The guy at the auto electric shop said that was all he had that were the right size.Check the wiring plug on the motor mine works loose and is intermittant, I the changed the switch twice before I checked the wire plug. Many do not like the electric lift, but mine has been much nicer than the armstrong lift on other models that I have owned. Of course a helper spring would be nice on either style lift.

Charlie & Kendall -

Thanks. The motor is missing the connector - the wires are twisted with wire nuts. First, I'll pop off the motor and see if it works not attached to anything else. Then, I suppose I'll take the assembly apart. I'm assuming I should replace the grease - what kind?

Chip
Mine did the same thing a year ago. I the drive the spring inserts were broke and stoped the motor. I used lite grease to lube things up. Charlie has parts he will fix you up.

All this talk about blade versus snow blower - all I can say is that if I need a snow blower to move snow, it's time to move...... seriously though, we don't usually get enough snow here in the St. Louis area to have a snow blower. Every once in a while we get enough snow, but most of the time a blade works fine here.

Kraig, Dave
I don't know, I don't have anything that says they did or did not. Most Originals I've had did have the "button" but not all of them.......but I don't know that the ones that didn't have it came that way when new. The Kohler Master Parts Manual shows the cover with the button, and that is the only one it shows, and says it is for ALL spec number K161's, but I don't believe that is true according to the 70-73's I've had/seen, but then again I don't know what those tractors had when it new. Either type cover will fit any of the K series single cylinder engines.

The blade vs. thrower saga is best solved like this.....

Blade for some snows....

185160.jpg

Thrower for others.....

185161.jpg

BUT...ALWAYS one of each version ready for duty every winter....

185162.jpg

...if serious.....

LOADER

185163.jpg

Steve B, in the bottom pic, I think you left the turn signal on in your shopping cart.????

Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)
I have to agree with you on what equipment is need for areas that get snow, like here. we have 2 feet on the ground now and more on the way so they saw.I won`t be ready till next year though.Then this will be my line up.
1. 1512 Diesel with a 450 blower
2.149 with a 53" snow blade
3. 129 with a loader
4. snapper walk behind snow blower
I want to put a hydraulic cylinder on the front of the 1512 to lift the blower and will get at that as soon as I can go to Maine and get it.
Later Don T
old.gif

Latest posts

Back