Archive through February 06, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-Mo

displayname
Terry Reed
Mike,
Nice looking Dakota. From that picture it looks like it doesn't need a paint job.

I have an '01 Dakota Quad Cab 4WD. It has the 4.7L V-8 and pulls just fine.

114353.jpg

114354.jpg

She does, she has the dreaded dodgitis paint peeling, nice gray primer spots all over the place, you just can see them from that angle. The hood requires stripping to bare metal, the roof and body they will sand out. Also needs alittle body work under the flares on the bed. She will look almost brand new when done. For now we we keep driving her, so far no majors issues other than a bit of a rough idle, I gave her new plugs and wires, set the idle rpm by the book. The smog pump is dead, locked up to be more precise, All the EGR is still all hooked up, dont know if replacing that pump will help it run smoother or not. Cap, Rotor and pick up coil are all new. 3/4 of the tank is new gas, the rest is 10 months old, so we are going run the daylights out of it and see if it helps any. I am hunting for a cheap used receiver hitch for it now, no way the bumper hitch will tolerate my trailer. Good Looking Dakota you have. Cheers Mike

I was reading the older posts and came across IH Model 1200 & Model 2000 Trailers. Does anyone have dimentions on the rails? Would like to build a look alike trailer.

Hi Brad B..

The Model 2000 does not have any "rails".

The Model 1200 does and they are 95". An additional length is involved with the tail light lense protectors for a total of 8'

Both Models are Tilt trailers with the tail light housings installed inside the back rail (see attahed photo).

The tail light assemblies are Monarch and available from NAPA. NAPA SKU (PART#S) are: 52363 for the left side and 52373 for the right side (shown in the photo).

Correct IH trailer decals are available from Tony Gilleto at [email protected]. Just tell him what you want.

What else can I do for you.

I own a dealer-used Model 1200 and all three variants of the Model 1200. They are rebuilt, licensed and road ready...and I recommend you get a TR-1 IH Trailers parts manual from www.binderbooks.com.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom.com
114443.jpg

Mike - I had the same problem with the Dakota I had that was an 88 model and it turned out to be a bad carb base gasket. found it by spraying ether around the base of the carb.

Have anymore pictures of a IH trailer without the flooring? Also would it be ok if I saved any pictures and used them as reference guide?

Hi Brad....

A bit of history: In the 1960's, IH began making trailers for Cub Cadets with the Model 5 Trailer and later replaced it an improved, but somewhat different, trailer with the Model 1200. In the 70's IH contracted out the trailer manufacturing. The early A version was made in an IH facility. The B version (only about 500 of this version) was made by the sub-contractor mostly from parts inherited from the IH assembly plant. This version was to IH specifications, sold and marketed only by IH dealers. Version C was wholly made to IH specifications from parts supplied by the sub-contractor. They were also sold and marketed only by IH dealers. The differences between the versions are very minor.

I have to assume that you are going to replicate the last variant (that I call the C version)of the Model 1200.

The tail light info I gave earlier applies to both the B version and the C version.

Yes I have more pics of the frame, axle, tongue, and decals (you already have the info about those). Certainly, you may save/print the photo's as you feel the need. That's what we do here: help each other out...I'll get the photo's to you via email sometime later today (I've got to find them all...
1a_scratchhead.gif

Parts and illustrations for all three versions will be found in the IH TR-1 Trailers parts manual I previously mentioned. It will help you more than you know...I strongly recommend you get one from Forum Sponsor Binder Books (As Charlie says: "see the pretty colored boxes at the top of the page" for the link.

Myron B
www.CCSupplyRoom.com

Myron,
Am I misssing something or is that Trailer manual not on Binder books?

Myron-
If it's OK with everyone else, and you don't mind, I'd like to see the rest of those trailer photos if you find them.

Can you post them here? I've always wanted one of those trailers...

STEVE - What are You deciding to do on Your winch for Your new trailer?

When I was a kid my Dad bought a IH tandem axle to carry the Cub Cadet to the farm and back. I want to say it was 5 X 10. I'd like to have on like that now!

Kraig: Sure, I can post'em here. Probably tomorow before I get to that though...

Tom H: Binder Books should have that Trailer Parts Manual since IH was printing them from 1961, at least for these trailers. NOTE: There is a whole 'nother set of trailer catalogs from IH from the IH AG division for farm-use trailers. These trailers were from/by the Truck division IMHO (It's got that Blue/White Truck Div colors on the cover) for IH Pick up & Scout use by dealers in hauling Cubs, Lowboys, Cub Cadets, & Cadets to/from customer homes. They were also for sale to buyers who wanted one. Please check your email - I need your snail mail address...

Myron B
www.CCSupplyRoom.com

Tom H:
As the Model 1200 was prededed by the Model 5,the 1970's Model 2000 was preceded by the IH Model 7 double axle trailer. Both trailers had a 2000 lb gross weight capacity. Never seen one but think I have may a publication somewhere with one shown..

Myron B

Kraig, Brad B: Here are some more of the tailer Photo's:

Note: In photo 4, you see the Type C square (inverted U) axle. Types A & B used a round solid axle shown in photo 5. Photo 5 here is about the wiring.

114499.jpg

114500.jpg

114501.jpg

114502.jpg

114503.jpg

114504.jpg

114505.jpg

114506.jpg

114507.jpg

114508.jpg

Denny,

This is where I'm at right now.

First, this is basically the exact same trailer I ordered (same manufacturer, layout, size (83x18), etc.) but mine will have ramps instead of the rear gate.

114510.jpg

I am thinking about mounting a bed rail tool box on the front rail of the trailer....
114511.jpg

...with one of these in or directly under it...
114512.jpg

Winch is a Champion power products model from TSC for $109 2000# or $119 3000#.

I'm thinking of taking the 230 CCA battery out of the 1872, replacing it with one of the good 420 CCA units, then installing the 230 CCA in the tool box and hooking it to the aux charging circuit in the 7 way RV plug. The battery should shield the trucks wiring from any excessive current draw and also allow for winch use with the trailer connected to a tractor etc.

There should be plenty of extra space in the tool box for tie downs, emergency tools, jack, lug wrench, cribbing, etc.

Any thoughts on the proposed set-up???? Looking for good suggestions to make this good from day 1.

STEVE - The more I look at that trailer the more I like it! For $10 I'd go with the bigger winch as long as it's the same physical size. And I'd put the battery in some kind of plastic box so it doesn't corrode the alum. tool box. The little L&G battery may have it's hands full running a winch at full load but You can always upgrade to the bigger one at a later time if needed.

Looks like a real good plan. Wyatt & I never discussed a bedrail toolbox. I think that would give a bunch more "Usable" space for chains, binders, straps, etc.

Amazing how useful a winch on a trailer can be. When My Buddy's Dad had His auction last fall a machinery scalper bought My Buddy's semi-mounted 5-bottom plow. Trailer was a gooseneck flatbed with a hyd. hoist and a hyd. winch. Guy raised the bed on the trailer and winched that BIG heavy plow all the way onto the trailer with the winch sliding the tail wheel sideways.

Myron, I believe you mean Art.... Not that I mind you posting photos, everyone knows I like photos, probably why you blamed me for requesting you post them rather then just emailing them to Brad.
lol.gif
Nice trailer! Hmmm, I'd like to see more of those tractors hiding under the tarps....

Steve, that's gonna be one nice trailer setup.
thumbsup.gif
I'll second Denny, spend the extra $10 and get the higher capacity winch. What are your plans for tie downs? I like Dan H's setup with nuts welded to the frame that he can screw tie bots into. Art also has a nice setup with the semi trailer tie strips.

Hi Kraig: Yep, that was a typo.
bash.gif
I meant the response for our good friend Art but because you always ask for photos - just a slip of the finger.... After he requested I post 'em here, I did. I had to resize all of them (a PITA for that many from various file locations) to post them on the forum. That was the only reason I was gonna email to Brad - no resizing necessary. Maybe, this Spring or Summer, I will take a photo of each unit of the collection so you can see the running/operational, but not "restored", Cub Cadets & Cadets with various accessories/optional equipment hiding under those tarps.

Myron

Latest posts

Back