• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 06, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie - I was thinking of you and your suggestion to grease up my steering box over the summer. I know there's less resistance in the snow, but still, the wheel turns nice and smooth as a result.
thumbsup.gif

Mike F., what is mounted onto the PTO engagement lever? A mirror?

Kraig - Yep. A mirror from a bicycle. Comes in handy occasionally. It is one of those convex deals - things are closer than they appear. As for the night shots - I dialed back the image brightness setting on the camera to preserve the night ambiance (so the camera didn't over compensate and try to make it daylight).

Oh come on Charlie! I'll help when I see ya. Just have the keys ready. I was going to be ambitous and head outside to work on stuff but decided to stay inside and take a hot shower. Well, I have one of those 'others', as well as that 1200 in your shed registered. I'm dreaming big hoping the tax man pays me before then
bouncy.gif

This is about 20 miles north of me in Oswego NY... They've been getting hammered for a week straight now...
51242.jpg

we have about 8" where I am, wish my 149 was re-assembled... Grr

Mike F.:
Nice pics. That there looks like the Homewood snow that I had to drive through to get home. Yep, I got home last night in time for the snow BUT Frau was sick and the kids needed supper. SO, I played hooky this morning and plowed in the bright early morning sun.

All,
OK, my hydro now takes a car battery to get it started in this kind of cold. I recall a while back someone bought a heater that you could stick onto the transmission. Any recommendations?

--Ray

I'm almost wishin' I had my 124 back. Started easier in the winter. . .
explotar2jr.gif

Just got done saltin and plowin the nighbors drives, and mine, and fixin what the snow plow f-ed up...

Ray, I've used mine many times this winter and it works great. I place it on the bottom of the hydro transmission just forward of the drawbar. I usually let it heat up for at least 15 to 20 minutes.

51244.jpg

51245.jpg

ray my 149 is a pain in the a$$ to get started at dead cold, but the hydro isn't the problem, the battery doesnt have enough ummph to start it in this cold of weather, so a block heater helps (diesel or not...)( the damn thing is new too, I don't get it.)

Back