• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 06, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kweaver

displayname
KENtuckyKEN
Salt truck went back out with a full load of salt. We got snow balls less than 1/2 the diameter of BB's then it stopped before there was enough coverage for two of them to touch. I'm moving north next winter. Looks like Ken is still getting snow. Think I'll go mow the yard and plant some tomatoe plants ...
censored.gif
bash.gif
destroy.gif
irritated.gif

COOL! the monitor hits the brick wall !

WELL, I got about 3" of powder on the way,,, need to finish the hood and unfreeze my choke cable and move the 149 pout to pasture to plow my drive tomorrow... (if it does anything...)
happy.gif

Kentucky:
My lovely Frau is ALWAYS sounding off how the big storms miss us. So much so, that she wants to move.

BUT: just called home and there's four inches on the ground!! The first measurable snowfall this year.
clappy.gif

Ray - You better hurry home. Your wife may have beat you to the punch and plowed you out already. I guess you could use that new tiller of yours on what's left.
thumbsup_old.gif

Get ur cubs ready east guys
beer2.gif
beerchug.gif

Valentines Day Snowstorm!
Tuesday, February 06, 2007
SOME OF YOU NEXT WEEK MAYBE CUDDLED UP NEXT TO A WARM FIRE WITH THE SNOW FALLING OUTSIDE....

The pattern change coming up is one that will produce an active southern jet stream with a northern branch that will continue to supply cold air. I know reading your e-mails that there is a lot of doubt as to whether the storm comes with snow, or just rain, but look at what is going on. This is really the first time this winter when we have seen a pattern yielding high pressure systems to the north of storms instead of highs that cascade out to sea and produce southerly winds ahead of a storm.

The role of a high to the north of the storm is to 1. bring cold air into the storm, and 2. add additional spin into the storm. It's the same process that we look for in hurricane development in the Gulf of mexico or along the Southeast coast, where the high pressure system to the north adds spin into an old frontal boundary and hurricane develops. In the old days of Meteorology, we always looked for the banana high over a storm. That's where the high pressure system is in the shape of a banana north fo west of the storm. Essentially, the high wraps around the storm. In the video I show you examples of that type of high pressure systems over the storm next week.

I liek what I am seeing in the overall pattern and while a lot of you have been snow starved, and others have been enjoying the lack of snow, we could be going into a pattern that may yield a lot of snow for some.

In the case of next week, the storm develops in the South and heads toward the mid-Atlantic where it is shown on the models to bomb out. I am not sure if this is going to be the Big Dadday yet, and I certainly don't want to jinx it..but I do see a lot of potential...

sounds like we'll need the blowers!

Can a CC snow thrower be used with a gravel driveway (3/4" crusher run on top) or will it throw half your driveway along with the snow? Also, if you're using a gear drive, do you need a creeper?

Roger C.,
I think most folks who have gravel drives, drive on the first couple of inches of snow to "pack down a working base" onto the gravel. Once that's run down, then you'll have a nice hard base pack to drop the blower down onto without picking up any gravel.

If you don't want to build a hard pack, then I'd suggest you run your blower an inch off the ground so as not to pick up any gravel..... You'll probably hear it if you do pick up any gravel & careful not to blow toward your car, house, neighborhood kids, etc.!!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

hey guys new to the group. did ihc ever have a broom avaliable for the wide frame rigs? we havent got enough snow around here for my blower to be much use but a broom would work great for me all year.

Roger, my 128 doesn't have a creaper but i can tell that if a snow does get too deep, i would have trouble because first gear is even to fast

Roger cole....i found that running the snow thrower on the 1200 (gear drive) was a pain in the a$$ without a creeper, too much clutching going on, so i put it on a hydro where it works much better.

ihrotate.gif

i know i m beating a dead horse kind of but i still cant get those darn set screws out of my clutch ,tried usin a puller and slide hammer no luck there,tried drillin it too ,bits dont have any affect im using titanium drill bits with cutting oil ,i m bout out of ideas here ,the clutch is still on the crank but out of the 100,still tryin to find those carbide bits ,will they cut through the set screw....and input will help me .thnx

Well guys the snow slid by us this time,they called for 4 to 6in.tonight and now we only have about 1/4in. and it went from 18deg. to 30deg. in about an hour,now misting rain,oh well if its not ment to be its not.To keep it cub related im trying to convince my neighbor to come to our side and after seeing the cub blade hes real close
nutbags.gif
kenny m.
51192.jpg

Okay, would the Canadian who left the fan on please turn it off, it's cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey down here. The cubs are all hunkered down and don't want to go out.

Ken - I can't believe that's all you got after what the radar showed. Here @ 8pm Barea reports 25* and I have 43* and 23mph wind and they say we're to get freezing rain tonight ... stars sure are bright! oh, our high today was suppose to be 32*

This year has been the worse weather forcasting I have seen in years!

Jeff B.- Are you saying the Northeast might get the big one? I hope not, I'm not quite ready yet. The 2"-5" of powder that falls on the weekends has been perfect for the 124 with a blade. The 127 with the thrower on it is in the shed with a transmission and transfer case between it and the door. Carb, alt, starter, misc tools are piled on and around it. Kid with too many projects- what can you do? It gets worse, the 149 with thrower and cozy cab is behind the 127.

Back