• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 05, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the nice comments guys I was just trying to brighten up everyones day because of this ----- cold,gotta role for now. kenny m.

Ken M. Nice Cub Cutie that you have. You are one lucky gentleman.

Charlie P. .... and awhile back you said that you wanted a picture for the top of the site....
biggrin.gif

They are talking a chance of snow here tonight. I hope not. This cold weather gives me mygraines big time. Gonna lay down for awhile.

At the risk of floggin' a dead horse..
I originally commented on the efforts to make the chains really, really tight, like deflating the tires... I also stated that I wouldn't put them on so loose as to hit the sheet metal. I was really just raggin' a little bit more because the pics today showed snow packed on the tires... I'll stop.
wink.gif

Got in a good day trimming trees today before I had to irrigate. Got cool this evening so I quit early.

51153.jpg

Richard:

Ya sure have to rub our noses it in....75°.
eek.gif

Geez.......we have a balmy -4°.
sad.gif

lol.gif

Rub it in Richard!!!
<font size="-2">Humm, now why did I move from AZ?</font>

Glad I rechecked the forum before work. Lotta good info just showed up.

Time to get the snowblower gassed up!!

We are expecting an inch or two here in North Central MD tonight, but the long range forecast has a nice little treat for us next week. This is from the scientific weather discussion from the NWS for the Mid-Atlantic:

Long term /Wed-Mon/...

Mainly cold and tranquil conditions are expected through much of this
period as an area of high pressure gradually builds southeastward from northwest
Canada. Ensemble guidance indicates a slight moderation to the cold
weather next week as flow becomes more zonal. By next Tuesday spaghetti
plot shows an area of storminess across the middle south with high pressure
south of James Bay nosing down along The Spine of the Appalachians.
Still a week away to monitor this potentially sig precipitation maker.

3.7 degrees at 7am here in Reisterstown, MD

42 inches of "<font color="ff0000">The Original forum for International Harvester Cub Cadet owners</font>"
51160.jpg

Kendell, IF the snow was really wet I could see where it could stick to the tires/chains to the point where it might cause traction issues. I've never had that issue. Not saying anyone else wouldn't or couldn't. You apparently have had a traction issue so you found what works for you. And yes I understand that you were not talking about having them so loose that they catch the fender, just loose enough that they can move a little and knock the packed snow loose.

Hmmmm, I was looking back at older photos of my #2 125 before I used to put the bungees on to snug up the chains and it has about the same amount of snow. I think I had the chains on tight however, just didn't install the bungees.
dunno.gif
happy.gif

51162.jpg

51163.jpg

51164.gif

Charlie- I ordered it since I don't have better things to do right now other than push snow around with the 582M!! And figured since I ordered it for me I would share the seat time with you since I know how well you love to get that 149 out with the thrower and cab and go crusing for chicks with it!!!

Folks,
Here is something of substance to talk about. Weather & dead horses are fine but here is a Cub Cadet ???? Does anyone ( you to Charles) know the difference between a 8 HP Kohler block & a 7 HP block.
Any & all help will be greatly appreciated.
G.L.

Kentuck,thats nice a 42"cub screen"AWSOME",I was plowing the other day and on my last lap around the sub.I said to myself this sucker is sounding the best and out of the corner of my eye I saw this about 3ft. behind me,he had been on my tail for some time im sure,I bearly ducked into the neighbors drive as he passed,I made his job alot easyer,lol. kenny m.

51169.jpg

Back