• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 04, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike Patterson -

Mike on your question regarding the nut'spacers' on your snow thrower:

Kraig is right about lining up the gear box pulley to the clutch. After putting a QA 42 on the wife's 782 it too required a fair amount of shim to get things lined up. I had to use a plumb-bob to get things right when I went to mount the thrower.

Quick question - I've read some posts regarding the rare 54 inch IHCC blade. In my mandatory (via my Wife/Boss' orders) this Spring to clear out some "junk"
bash.gif
I'm looking in my pile of Cub Cadet parts and see the front blade from my departed 122 parts tractor. My brother is a great welder and I'm thinking - how about carving the old 122 blade and butting those pieces against the WF 42 inch blade and make-up a 54 inch blade - or should I go for 60, 53, 57 or some other desirable width. I assume at some point the blade may hit the front wheels when angled?

What do you think????

Bill "Kwik-Kwestion" J. - Be adverturous! Go for an 84 inch blade! That's only four inches wider than the blade I push with my 6500# farm tractor. With your small snows it may work just fine.

Thing I noticed when I used the 70 & 42" blade, it got down into the off-angle parts of my drive better than the BIG 80" blade. Same way a 38" mower mows more level side-to-side than a 50 inch deck.

There's two degrees of angling available on the blade, you may have to use the lesser of the two.

DAMN! What a difference a new roller chain makes. Almost don't even know it's running.

HOLY SOUNDTRAP BatMan!!! Ever wonder what's inside a QL muffler that makes 'em so darn ex$pen$ive?? Well, not much IMHO.

I had one that was pretty well trashed on the inlet so I decided to play Dr. Forensic and this is what I found.

283427.jpg

283428.jpg

283429.jpg

So, I got to thinking....(that's sometimes a scary thought!!)
Hmmmmm......

I can do THAT!!!

You can most likely find the biggest piece laying along the interstates and freeways of this great nation. If you are lucky you can find a piece at least 12" long that ain't flat. I lucked out in that I had a couple pieces of 5" chrome stack that I had cut off for clearance on the KW years ago so decided to use that.

This is what I've come up with so far. It's pretty crude, I know but I'll be curious to hear what it sounds like. The center perforated piece is plugged in the center and had 52 holes on either side of the plug.

It will be quite a bit heavier that the OEM units so I will have to add an extra brace to help support it.

283435.jpg

283436.jpg

283437.jpg

283438.jpg

WOW DAVE.... FIVE inch CHROME muffler. When it comes to mufflers, like TOM H. says, "Size DOES matter", bigger is better. If you could fit the entire Muffler off your old KW on your CC, I bet you could barely hear it running full throttle @ full load.

If it works out good for you, I bet you get "requests" for more!

Nice work David! Not much to building a good muffler, I helped build some 6" stainless Harley pipes a few years back.

Now.....who was the SUCKER that paid $410 for the NOS 169 muffler on Fleabay? Anyone?.....Anyone?

David S. lookin good, I can't wait to see the final product and hear a report on the sound.

Rick B. some people have more money than skill or talent when it comes to things mechanical. Me I'm just cheap, so I build my own stuff.

Latest posts

Back